Springfield Armory SA35

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Springfield Armory SA35

Post by carlson1 »

I have a chance to pick one of these well under market values. I was wondering if anyone owns one? What would be your review?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Springfield Armory SA35

Post by Tex1961 »

I don't own one, but have heard from others all favorable reviews. Let me know when you get tired of it and want to sell it. :-)

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am sure leaning at buying it. However I am trying to pay off doctor bills so I can get my wife in the doctors.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jb2012 »

I love the Browning Hi-Power, but I refuse to give money to company willing to auction off 2nd amendment rights, for their benefit. Same goes for Rock River, and if Bill Ruger was still alive it would be the same for them.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Long thread here...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... ack/page68

Most of the early discussion is anticipation....
Hands on feedback starts on the page I linked above and goes on for a while..

:fire
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

jb2012 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:33 pm I love the Browning Hi-Power, but I refuse to give money to company willing to auction off 2nd amendment rights, for their benefit. Same goes for Rock River, and if Bill Ruger was still alive it would be the same for them.
Do you mind expanding on this?

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:34 pm
jb2012 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:33 pm I love the Browning Hi-Power, but I refuse to give money to company willing to auction off 2nd amendment rights, for their benefit. Same goes for Rock River, and if Bill Ruger was still alive it would be the same for them.
Probably referring to this:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sprin ... rn-around/

SA created quite a fuss, got a lot of negative press from gun owners/bloggers/etc. What didn't get a lot of coverage, at least I didn't read or hear about it, is the steps SA took to reverse their positions that led to the controversy. I have never followed up on what happened until I googled it and found the linked article. Appears the company may have done enough to earn forgiveness.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I was able to sneak in a minute to pick this up today. I took everyone’s advice. Thank you for the advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Nice catch!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Does anyone happen to know if the Browning Hi-power Accessories fit this pistol?

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:31 pm I was able to sneak in a minute to pick this up today. I took everyone’s advice. Thank you for the advice.

Curious. Where did you find one locally and what did it cost? I got a buddy of mine that is going back and forth about getting one. Main reason he hasn't (he says) is because he hasn't found one locally.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I met a gentleman who had this one. It has never been fired. I field stripped it and oiled it. I don’t know if I will keep it or not. All the things I didn’t like on the Browning they fixed on the Springfield.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:16 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:34 pm
Probably referring to this:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sprin ... rn-around/

SA created quite a fuss, got a lot of negative press from gun owners/bloggers/etc. What didn't get a lot of coverage, at least I didn't read or hear about it, is the steps SA took to reverse their positions that led to the controversy. I have never followed up on what happened until I googled it and found the linked article. Appears the company may have done enough to earn forgiveness.
Correct. They also didn't back track until they were in hot water with the public. They knew what they were doing, and they were fine with it until word got out. They will never get a dime from me, and shouldn't be in business. Back patting themselves about doing things to reverse it, is about like back patting yourself for court ordered community service.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:57 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:31 pm I was able to sneak in a minute to pick this up today. I took everyone’s advice. Thank you for the advice.

Curious. Where did you find one locally and what did it cost? I got a buddy of mine that is going back and forth about getting one. Main reason he hasn't (he says) is because he hasn't found one locally.
I got an email from Grab a Gun yesterday. They have/had them in stock for $999.( I think)

Joe

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

JRG wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:31 am I got an email from Grab a Gun yesterday. They have/had them in stock for $999.( I think)

Joe
I saw that as well. Actually after looking, I saw I have missed a few restock emails. I'll let my buddy know about it. Thanks!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”