Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

New S&W Folding Pistol Carbine

Post by Grayling813 »

M&P FPC SERIES
https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/fpc
The new optics-ready M&P® FPC™ showcases our brand new, compact, folding design. Coming with(one) 17-round and (two) 23-round magazines, the in-stock magazine storage w/ quick-release latch makes reloading convenient and quick. The M&P® FPC™ is compatible with M&P® full-size and compact pistol double-stack magazines, and includes a carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro® straps.
Always enjoy seeing Jerry Miculek shoot...

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New S&W Folding Pistol Carbine

Post by JRG »

I might need one of these. I did notice that he said the MSRP is $659. Grab a Gun has them listed for $799. I think I will wait a bit before pursuing one.

Joe

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

JRG wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:48 pm I might need one of these. I did notice that he said the MSRP is $659. Grab a Gun has them listed for $799. I think I will wait a bit before pursuing one.

Joe
Yeah, I saw the same thing. Not going to pay $150 over MSRP.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

S&W joining Rugers “eh, just make versions of whatever Keltec makes” business strategy? :biggrinjester:

Had a Keltec Sub2k back in the day. Concept of a rifle that takes same mags/ammo as a handgun is appealing, but eventually figured out there werent many times I’d be reaching for a rifle and want it in a handgun caliber instead of a rifle chambering.
TANSTAAFL

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I really like my Ruger PC9, but if this S&W had been available back then, I might have chosen it instead. The PC9 takes down into a package that seems roughly the same size as the folded S&W, but the time required to take down/reassemble the Ruger (although not that long) likely takes twice as long as folding/unfolding the S&W. Plus, I believe that the S&W weighs less.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I want one, but not at above MSRP.

I'll join the other Forum members in waiting for a fair price.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:23 am I want one, but not at above MSRP.

I'll join the other Forum members in waiting for a fair price.
Yeah, I’ve seen prices $200 or more above MSRP. They’ll come down in a year or two. FWIW, I paid $429 for my PC9 when I bought it 4 years ago at my local merchant of death ( :roll: ). MSRP today is $779 for the same basic vanilla model I purchased…$350 more.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I have a Ruger PC9. Have owned and sold two Keltec Sub-2000's. This new FPC appears to overcome the challenges of mounting an optic on a Sub-2000 as well as the challenge of rapidly deploying a PC9.

Since I have a full size M&P 9mm pistol, I already have lots of 17round magazines available for the FPC.

I've seen FPC listings on Gunbroker for over $1,000. That's crazy.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”