Concealed Mag Carriers?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Concealed Mag Carriers?

Post by Maxwell »

I'm starting new employment that accepts concealed carry. Concealed meaning CONCEALED. I can't argue with their definitions or rules, nor would I.

I do have a tuckable IWB Single Stack 9MM setup that will work. It's not nearly as fast of a draw as IWB 3:30, but I am carrying a pistol I trust, even if it has some limits. I think of it as "what fits in an ankle holster and when may you need it..." My hope is still never!

That said, I need recommendations for concealing my backup single stack mags! Tuckable, Pocket Carry, or anything that does not require my usual Hawaiian/Magellan top shirt/ light jacket cover garment would be appreciated.

HELP!

Any and all experience and advice is welcomed!

Dave
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

JustSomeOldGuy

Re: Concealed Mag Carriers?

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Some sort of ankle double mag carrier on the other leg?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have one of these for and extra pair of mags when I'm on trips on the bike. Works great.
https://grabagun.com/desantis-double-an ... pouch.html
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I always carry a spare mag in my weak side back pocket in a Remora mag carrier.

I like it because the mag comes out easily, but the carrier stays put.

They also make a double carrier
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

You didn't say, but shirt tucked or untucked? If untucked, you could still IWB at the 3 o'clock. If tucked, and depending on the pants, I've pocket carried my Glock 43, Ruger LCR, or my LCP with no issues. About to order a Phlster Engima holster for deep AIWB carry for when I'm at the gym.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

I tuck my Commander on the right and two mags on the left. The symmetry adds to the concealment.
The belt and holster loops are plain and matching, so they don't draw attention, but they are really hard to see anyway.
If children hug you a lot at work then they may ask you what that is. Tell them it is a phone, medical device, bionic hip, whatever and keep moving.
Tuckable Commander 1 - Copy.JPG

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Here's one of the better mag carriers that I've used.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/prod ... g-carrier/

I use the double mag version, & usually I can conceal it even with a tucked in dress shirt.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I carry my handgun IWB at 3 o’clock. I always IWB carry two extra mags at 9 o’clock. There are plenty of mag carriers for sale by the holster manufacturers.

Odiferous

Post by Odiferous »

https://www.reloadwrap.com
I was skeptical when I first saw it, but I've ended up quite liking it for carrying a Shield mag. Only thing I don't love is the exposure to pocket lint.

Concealability can vary depending on the mag, the pocket, and how you run the strap. In my jeans, it's definitely inconspicuous, but looking closely into my pocket one might see a S&W floor plate instead of the expected pocketknife. Anyone noticing would probably also notice the clips for the tuckable holster.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”