XD Sub-compact 9mm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 4

XD Sub-compact 9mm

Post by jbirds1210 »

Does anyone in the Houston/Galveston area own a Springfield XD Sub-compact in 9mm that would be willing to let my wife shoot a few times??
Throughout the last several gun shows she has been picking up different subcompacts and we have about worked out way through the list....she likes the XD, mostly because of the additional palm safety (purse gun). If anyone would not mind meeting us at the range I would appreciate it....I will drive to Houston and would be happy to let you shoot any of my weapons. I don't want to make a purchase that she is unhappy with. Thanks.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

I don't want to volunteer anyone...but I traded one to a board member in Houston :)

I'll let him post up!

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jebrown84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jebrown84 »

You could go up to shooters staion in conroe. They have a xd 9mm sub compact for rental.

Mrjayjay00

GLOCK 9mm X 19

Post by Mrjayjay00 »

I've got a GLOCK that she can shoot if she would like don't know if she has shot one of these but i love it for a carry gun! Also has a lasermax laser that works pretty good when upclose during the day time. I live in Texas City and can probably meet you on a Saturday. I Hvae 2 15rd mags and a 10rd mag you can get ammo for around 10 per box and its six dollars per person at the range. If you would buy the ammo your welcome to shoot all that you want. email me or give me a call at 409-256-4194 if interested. Thanks John Gerhardt!

Lumberjack98

Re: XD Sub-compact 9mm

Post by Lumberjack98 »

jbirds1210 wrote:Does anyone in the Houston/Galveston area own a Springfield XD Sub-compact in 9mm that would be willing to let my wife shoot a few times??
Throughout the last several gun shows she has been picking up different subcompacts and we have about worked out way through the list....she likes the XD, mostly because of the additional palm safety (purse gun). If anyone would not mind meeting us at the range I would appreciate it....I will drive to Houston and would be happy to let you shoot any of my weapons. I don't want to make a purchase that she is unhappy with. Thanks.
Jason
Try fishing here with this great group of folks: http://www.txdpsa.com
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Thank you Lumber......I wrote Xddan a note to see if he could help me out. I would love for her to shoot one over the weekend so we can get it ordered next week. My Wife is finally getting excited about the sport of shooting and I want to get it while the getting is good! It is much easier to get her to the range when she has some stock in it! Thank you very much for the suggestion.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

XD_Dan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XD_Dan »

Hey Jason.
I got your e-mail and replied to it.

I made a thread on your behalf in our forum. We have several members who own 9mm SC's. If I hear from any of them, I'll let you know.

Good luck! If she happens to get one, you should encourage her to join our group! ;-) She won't be the only female member.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I think that Carter's Country has them for $429 right now. Take that info and go to Gander Mtn. and use their price match and difference policy.

I hope that you can meet with someone that has an SC.

Good luck.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Thank you very much Dan.......my wife passes along that you are quite the gentleman for willing to help and the invitation :roll:

Thanks again!
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

jbirds1210 wrote:Thank you very much Dan.......my wife passes along that you are quite the gentleman for willing to help and the invitation :roll:

Thanks again!
Jason
Threw out the line, and got a nibble....
Check your e-mail, Jason.

You're welcome.

Jacob Staff

Post by Jacob Staff »

I have an XD9 SC if you would like to give it a try. I have 3 types magazines: normal, grip extension and sleeved. I am in Spring area.

I will PM you my phone #.

Glen
TXDPSA TSRA NRA

Topic author
jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Dan and all of our friends at the XD forum: I would like to say thanks for making this such a pleasant experience for my wife. We were able to meet Toby at the Clear Creek range and shoot his XD subcompact this morning. We are now in the market for one! He was a true gentleman and I really appreciate the chance to try the weapon out before dropping the money on a gun she might not like. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

Outstanding. :grin:
I'm glad it all worked out. Your wife will be getting a fine handgun!

pssst....don't forget the Pearce grip extensions.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

XD_Dan wrote:pssst....don't forget the Pearce grip extensions.
+1 - although keep a regular size 10rd as well because sometimes the pearce extensions can print out a bit more. I carried regulary with stock 10 rd, and in my mag holder were 2 mags with pearce grips. On a road trip I would put a pearce grip mag in, and put the "flush" mag in the holder.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”