Making Friends @ the Range

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ElGato
Posts in topic: 2

Making Friends @ the Range

Post by ElGato »

At least half the fun of shooting is visiting with the people you meet and those that you have met at the range or in a class and feel that you have become friends with, and especially the shooters on this forum. I get a real kick out seeing Y'all there when I pull up, just wanted Y'all to know how much I enjoy your company and shooting with you.

Now there's a couple of Youngster's ( they know who they are, I shot with one of them today ) if I could get them to drop the Sir and just use Pop or Tom
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

seadawg221
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seadawg221 »

I agree Tom...I've met some pretty nice folks at the range!

By the way ol Jbird and I will probably be at the Texas City Range tomorrow...maybe we will see you there.

Topic author
ElGato

Post by ElGato »

I'll be there with a class, but look forward to seeing Y'all, I've known J-Bird since he was just a Kid, running with my Nephew.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Tom,
I spent so much time at that range when I was growing up.....I think Travis could have legally claimed me on his income tax :shock:
I have made some great friends there and I know that I will make more. I enjoy every minute I spend at the Texas City Range...I am not going to go emotional on you guys ;-) but there are many many great memories there.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Mrjayjay00

CHL Forum Members Range Guys & Gals

Post by Mrjayjay00 »

I really enjoy spending time at the range being a family man its really hard to find time to get out there sometimes. The past few weeks I have been out their several times seems like everytime I go I learn someting new from someone. Whats really neat is that everyone is always willing to let you shoot their weapons as well. I like to watch the masters (POP)at work when they are out there just fiddling around. I really enjoy the conversations and hearing what others have to teach and show me as well! I've only been shooting at the Texas City range for about a year now but I go as often as possible. What I'm really looking for though is someplace local where I can go at least within 20 miles of Texas City where I can do some practice drawing and whatever I can find around the house or shop for a target just to see what kind of damage some of my carry ammo will do. I heard of a private lot out on 2004 between Chocolate Bayou and Lake Jackson where you can do this but I have no idea who to contact. Supposedly its keyed entry only with like a $50 annual membership and you bring whatever you want to shoot at. So if anyone has any info on this please call me or email me at 409-256-4194
Mrjayjay00@aol.com if you know of the place or some place like it. Hey POP I'm thinking really hard about the IDPA stuff looked up the web site earlier for pearland and the internatinal site. However I'm just wondering what kind of funds it will cost and how much time. I have two kiddos and one on the way so I have to make time for them as well when I'm not shooting or working. Can't wait to meet the Jbirds out at the range oneday they seem like my kind of people!
John (Jay) CHL Holder since Feb 05 GLOCK 19 9mm X 19 w/ Lasermax Laser 2 15Rd. Mags. & 1-10 Rd. Mag in Uncle Mikes Ambidextrous Hip Holster. My other Life Insurance Policy!
Email me for faster response Mrjayjay00@aol.com

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I will be at the Texas City range today (Saturday) at around noon and will likely be there for a couple of hours. Come on out if you get a chance.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

flintknapper
Banned

Re: Making Friends @ the Range

Post by flintknapper »

ElGato wrote: if I could get them to drop the Sir and just use Pop or Tom

Probably a good indicator that they were raised "right"!

I don't "require" the response "sir" from any of the young people I shoot with either, but it goes a lot further with me than "dude" or "no problem".

Great to hear that "young and old" are sharing the same love/interest in shooting.

Good on ya both!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”