You think she'll ever touch a gun again?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 3

You think she'll ever touch a gun again?

Post by pbwalker »

http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/m ... llscreen=1

Husband is teaching wife about handguns, tells her not to mess with it. Looks like she puts one in the chamber...anyways, he decides to get revenge.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: You think she'll ever touch a gun again?

Post by Keith B »

And in my opinion, he shouldn't be allowed to touch one either. Anyone who would do that and not try to teach someone the right method and the true seriousness of firearm safety is nothing but a jerk. :mad5
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

Don't know about the rest of you, but I think that ranks up there among the top one of stupid tricks I have ever seen. What would have happened if, while she was messing around with a possibly loaded gun, she had managed to get the safety off and shoot herself or someone else?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

BigBlueDodge

Post by BigBlueDodge »

If that was real (and I'm question it was), that had to be one of the stupidest thing i ever seen. Wife chambers a round, has finger on trigger, safety off, and husband feels the need to scare her. Quite frankly, I'm amazed she didn't accidentally discharge the weapon. That man should have his right to own a firearm taken away if he thinks it's funny to scare someone with a loaded weapon in their hand.

kitty

Post by kitty »

Something tells me this whole thing was staged.

BigBlueDodge

Post by BigBlueDodge »

kitty wrote:Something tells me this whole thing was staged.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, she is outside on her porch, aiming a handgun in full view of everyone, by herself. Second, it just so happens that husband is filming her AND happens to have some firecrackers (how convienent). The whole thing seems too staged for me. But even still, if you are going to stage something, at least stage something that does not make you look like an idiot. From the posts here, it appears that my first impression is similar to the first impression of others.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

BigBlueDodge wrote:
kitty wrote:Something tells me this whole thing was staged.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, she is outside on her porch, aiming a handgun in full view of everyone, by herself. Second, it just so happens that husband is filming her AND happens to have some firecrackers (how convienent). The whole thing seems too staged for me. But even still, if you are going to stage something, at least stage something that does not make you look like an idiot. From the posts here, it appears that my first impression is similar to the first impression of others.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
That was my first impression. It looked like she was playing it up - trying to "act" like she did not know the camera was there. She actually smells the gun and looks like a child playing cops and robbers.

If not - then that had to be the most foolish man around - you don't mess with that!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wildscar »

That's called Genetic pollution of the gene pool. What an Idiot. :mad5
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

He needs to go away.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Venus Pax wrote:He needs to go away.
Now, that's a kind way to put it!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

ya, i'm gonna guess faked for the same reasons cited here.

Aside from the other obvious reasons I wouldn't want to show that in public. If I had just "trained" someone on safe handling and the first thing they do is chamber a round and put their finger on the trigger while handling the gun like a monkey I would be down right ashamed of my training.

not to mention completely idiotic. someone needs to pour a little bleach in his part of the gene pool.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

yep. doesn't matter if it was faked or real - it was stupid. He shouldn't be allowed to near firearms or be allowed to swim in the gene pool.

As I saw on a bumper sticker once: "Stupidity should be punished"
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

drw

Post by drw »

ghostrider wrote:As I saw on a bumper sticker once: "Stupidity should be punished"
"Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools." (Proverbs 19:29)

Kerbouchard

Post by Kerbouchard »

I had the same reaction. Whether it was faked or not, it was a very stupid thing to do, and scaring away new shooters is one of the worst thing we, as responsible gun owners, can do. Many of the avid-anti's are merely anti-gun because they are scared and unfamiliar with firearms.

Slightly off topic, but I just wanted to say I appreciate the forum membership for their responses on this thread. I saw the same thread posted on another Texas gun forum, and most of the membership thought it was hilarious. Needless to say, that's not the type of forum I wish to be associated with, so when I saw the thread title on this forum, I was pleasantly surprised at the responses.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

What really burns me up on this is a portion of it was shown on 'The Tonight Show' last night. Staged or not, all we need is more people showing their stupidity with guns for the anti's to latch on to. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”