Re: LCP Recall

Post by RiverRat »

MeToo! Thanks....have two of them.
Life member NRA and TSRA

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Mine too. This makes the second trip to Ruger for mine. The first time it broke after 20 rounds. Something in the trigger mechanism failed and it wouldn't fire. I can't remember the exact description of the failure now, but when we got it back they replaced what ever it was and they had buffed out the feed ramp to a point where it looked like a mirror. I thought that would be it. Now this :headscratch .

I guess I misunderstood how the action on this hand gun works. I thought it was a double action only, and if it is, how in the world does it fire without pulling the trigger back to engage the hammer mechanism.

KRM45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KRM45 »

Anyone else get this error when they filled out the online form?
Error 500: INSERT INTO FAMODRET (FNAME, LNAME, ADDR1, ADDR2, CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, ZIP, SHIPADDR1, SHIPADDR2, SHIPCITY, SHIPSTATE, SHIPZIP,EMAIL, PHONE, SERIALNO, MODEL, FEDEX, UPS, COMMENTS, SOURCE, SWIMMEDIATE, SWLEGAL, SWEXPORT, SWDEALER. BUSINESS) VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?); : Column qualifier or table SWDEALER undefined.

John
Posts in topic: 10

Post by John »

KRM45 wrote:Anyone else get this error when they filled out the online form?
Error 500: INSERT INTO FAMODRET (FNAME, LNAME, ADDR1, ADDR2, CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, ZIP, SHIPADDR1, SHIPADDR2, SHIPCITY, SHIPSTATE, SHIPZIP,EMAIL, PHONE, SERIALNO, MODEL, FEDEX, UPS, COMMENTS, SOURCE, SWIMMEDIATE, SWLEGAL, SWEXPORT, SWDEALER. BUSINESS) VALUES( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?); : Column qualifier or table SWDEALER undefined.

Nope... You sould try again.
JohnC

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Thanks for the info. I have just filled out the return it form.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Topic author
SCone
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SCone »

03Lightningrocks wrote:how in the world does it fire without pulling the trigger back to engage the hammer mechanism.
My guess is the firing pin has enough weight to inertia-fire. Not sure how this could get past Ruger's design team?

John
Posts in topic: 10

Post by John »

SCone wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:how in the world does it fire without pulling the trigger back to engage the hammer mechanism.
My guess is the firing pin has enough weight to inertia-fire. Not sure how this could get past Ruger's design team?
The hammer stays in the a half cocked postion. Maybe it has enough energy if falls from a drop. I'm guessing, and this is just a guess, that they are beefing up whatever holds the hammer in the half cocked postion. Seems to me like you would want a firing pin block, but i really do not know know if the LCP has one or not. Need to look at mine really well and see.
JohnC

03Lightningrocks

SCone wrote:

I was just on the phone with my son about it. He has the LCP I purchased as his carry weapon. He is already on the list and waiting for word to ship it in. I can't believe they would not have drop tested the LCP before putting them on the market.

thankGod
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thankGod »

Thanks for posting the heads-up.

I registered my LCP with Ruger when it was newly purchased, so why wouldn't they give notification via email to all affected customers? Oh well, I filled out the on-line recall form.

Just keep repeating to self; "do not drop LCP with a chambered round... do not drop LCP with a chambered round... do not drop LCP with a chambered round..."
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

flb_78
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flb_78 »

woohoo!!! Free stuff!! I'll take it.
We will install the new hammer mechanism, plus some other functional upgrades that we added since the LCP’s introduction, and return your LCP to you, all FREE of charge. When we do, we also will send you a FREE magazine with the new finger grip extension as a “thank you” for your patience and cooperation. We will make every effort to return your pistol within one week of receipt.
I hope this means they'll polish the feed ramp and other bits and pieces. :drool:
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ProjectS15

Post by ProjectS15 »

Looks like i am in here as well.

come on free pink extension mag :hurry:
Harris County
Took CHL Class Sept 27th
Mailed Application to DPS Sept 29th
Application received by DPS Oct 3rd
Processing Oct 3rd
Emailed District 135 Representative Dec 11th
Emailed Texas Senator Dan Patrick Dec 11th
Tammy Called Dec 23rd
Application Completed Dec 29th
Plastic in hand Dec 30th

03Lightningrocks

ProjectS15 wrote:Looks like i am in here as well.

come on free pink extension mag :hurry:

I like the free mag as well. that is pretty decent of them to do. Let's just hope the wait time isn't too extreme.

bryang
Posts in topic: 16

Post by bryang »

I'll tell you just how lucky I am...I just ordered one of the new "pinkie mags" from Ruger the day before I found out about the RECALL on here. :smilelol5:

You would think if we registered it with them when we bought it they would have sent us an email, or something. :confused5

Oh, well...two pinkie mags are better than one anyway. :thumbs2:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Topic author
SCone
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SCone »

I like it with the mag extension, gives a much better grip. Even if you buy it yourself, get one.

kirock7
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kirock7 »

Well, here's another reason I'm a proud new member of this group... I just discovered my new LCP is also suspect... and to think I just about bought a new mag today. ;-)

Has anyone actually been contacted by Ruger and mailed their's in? :confused5

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”