Moderator: carlson1

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 7

Post by KinnyLee »

I'll also shoot my digital SLR so I could get some pics on here. :cool:

ElGato
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ElGato »

When I said that the range would be open Easter weekend I meant just Saturday not Sunday.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

DustinB

Post by DustinB »

I imagine I'll make it, I head out there just about every saturday. I'll probably head by T's for some 45 bullets and load up some 45 Colts too.

sensei
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sensei »

Where is the Texas City gun range?

Ray

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jbirds1210 »

Driving Directions :

Houston via-I-45 take exit 16 (Emmett F. Lowry Expressway). Follow 9 miles to Bay St. (Dead End). Turn left on Bay St. and go 2 miles ( Bay St. forks 1 mile to right / stay right) to entrance, turn left into Range.

Baytown, Kemah, etc via-Hwy. 146 take exit for Hwy 1764 (Palmer), turn left at traffic light. Follow 3.5 miles to Bay St. (Dead End). Turn left on Bay St. and go 2 miles ( Bay St. forks 1 mile to right / stay right) to entrance, turn left into Range.

Galveston via-I-45 take exit 7B (Texas City – Hwy 146 / Hwy 3) veer to right on Loop 197, continue following until you curve back to the left onto 6 th St.. Follow to 9 th Ave. N. , turn right at traffic light, and follow to Bay St (Dead End). Turn left on Bay St and go 2 miles ( Bay St. forks 1 mile to right / stay right) to entrance, turn left into Range.

For more information: Call (409) 948-4291 or (409) 643-5990.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

4000 Bay Street
Texas City, Texas

Ray when you pull up a map if the directions aren't clear call me @ 409-945-6636

Tom
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I live a bit closer to the freeway than Tom and would be happy to guide you in! Just PM me before the 15th and we can plan on meeting close to 45 if you like. The Texas City range is not really one that you will stumble across on accident. I would enjoy shooting with you.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

JB3

Post by JB3 »

You can count me in. I need to have some of you try out my ppk/s to see whats going on with it. seems a bit finicky . Will see you all there.

sensei

Post by sensei »

Got it. Thanks Guys.

I will try to come if I can get "permission" from the wife. PSC IDPA is the next week you know.

Can we move around on the range, set up targets and "play"? You know, like we do at PSC.

Thanks,

Ray

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

No, Texas City is very limited in regards of practice. The rules are strict, the staff enforces them completely for the most part.......making it the safest "public" range I have ever shot at. I have learned to appreciate the rules when standing next to some of their patrons.

I forgot to mention that the range is hosting a military rifle shoot on the 15th along with a .22 rifle shoot. The rifles have to be pretty much stock with iron sights.....mauser, AR15 etc. Call the range number posted above for specific information. There is no entry fee and the winner takes bragging rights!

There is nothing to lose but gaining some great pointers from some very experienced rifle shooters. Knowledge is power and the price is right! Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

jbirds1210 wrote:I forgot to mention that the range is hosting a military rifle shoot on the 15th along with a .22 rifle shoot. The rifles have to be pretty much stock with iron sights.....mauser, AR15 etc. Call the range number posted above for specific information. There is no entry fee and the winner takes bragging rights!

There is nothing to lose but gaining some great pointers from some very experienced rifle shooters. Knowledge is power and the price is right! Take care.
Jason
That sounds fun. Thanks for the heads up. :cool:

Topic author
seadawg221

Head Count

Post by seadawg221 »

Well, so far our head count looks kinda like this...

1. DustinB
2. Kinny
3. JBirds
4. El Gato
5. JB3
6. ISA268 - Maybe
7. Sensei - Maybe
8. Myself
9. My Wife

Did I miss anyone? If I did please chime in!

This is not going to be anything organized, I just thought it would be cool for some more of us to meet, shoot and hang out together.

I can't remember what the range charges but I do know they charge by the gun! Maybe JBirds or El Gato can tell us what the range fees are (since they are locals I figure they would know best)

DustinB

Post by DustinB »

8.66 with tax per gun/shooter, whichever is greater. That is the non-resident charge, I forgot what the TC local fee is. 1 free target per shooter, around $0.30 per extra.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dws1117 »

We had a change of plans. I'll be there. Has there been a time decided?

Topic author
seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

dws1117 wrote:We had a change of plans. I'll be there. Has there been a time decided?
I think 9am would be a good time!

I will change the first post in this thread to reflect a time and the folks attending.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”