Handgun purchase limit?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Carrots

Handgun purchase limit?

Post by Carrots »

Is there some sort of waiting period that I need to abide by between handgun purchases or can I buy one and then buy another one on the following day? I have one that I am waiting to collect but I may have found something a little to good to pass up. I don't have a CHL yet and so I would need to go through NICS if that makes any difference? I'm hoping that there isn't anything of the sort here in Tx. but want to make sure before pulling the tigger.
Patience has never been one of my strong suits and if I'll have to wait 30 days or such to pick up the second then I'll just pass. Thanks folks :tiphat:

fickman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Handgun purchase limit?

Post by fickman »

You can buy as many as you can afford all at the same time, five minutes apart, or at whatever interval you wish.
Native Texian

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Excellent, thanks :txflag:

TDDude
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TDDude »

well, actually, state civil code 45.90a subchapter b states
(b) After the first five (5) handguns purchased, purchaser is obliged to purchase a sixth (6th) handgun for TDDude (heretofor referred to as the receiver). This handgun must have a capacity of no less than 15 rounds and be made from some sort of metal. Furthermore, any attempt to circument this rule shall result in:
(1) Interest charged at a rate of 15 rounds per day and rounds must be designed for said chosen handgun and in perfect working order so as to fire from said handgun in a manner perscribed by the handgun manufacturer and
(2) After the first month of non-compliance, the offender shall forfeit the fifth (5th) handgun purchased to the receiver. Said handgun to be delivered via registered mail no later than two (2) weeks (14 days) of delinquency.
(3) This statute shall be enforced by the Louisianna Atty. Generals office.
I don't know man. Some of these laws just get passed in the middle of the night and if I were you, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

:woohoo
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

TDDude wrote:well, actually, state civil code 45.90a subchapter b states
(b) After the first five (5) handguns purchased, purchaser is obliged to purchase a sixth (6th) handgun for TDDude (heretofor referred to as the receiver). This handgun must have a capacity of no less than 15 rounds and be made from some sort of metal. Furthermore, any attempt to circument this rule shall result in:
(1) Interest charged at a rate of 15 rounds per day and rounds must be designed for said chosen handgun and in perfect working order so as to fire from said handgun in a manner perscribed by the handgun manufacturer and
(2) After the first month of non-compliance, the offender shall forfeit the fifth (5th) handgun purchased to the receiver. Said handgun to be delivered via registered mail no later than two (2) weeks (14 days) of delinquency.
I don't know man. Some of these laws just get passed in the middle of the night and if I were you, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

pbwalker wrote:
TDDude wrote:well, actually, state civil code 45.90a subchapter b states

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

:iagree: :thumbs2:
:smilelol5: "rlol" :smilelol5:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Nice try amigo, but two in a week is already way over my limit. The second is due next week and then I am officially going cold turkey for a while, all this is a little pricey for a man approaching month 12 of unemployment..... yeah I know...... :nopity

fickman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fickman »

Carrots wrote:Nice try amigo, but two in a week is already way over my limit. The second is due next week and then I am officially going cold turkey for a while, all this is a little pricey for a man approaching month 12 of unemployment..... yeah I know...... :nopity
There's still a few more guns I'd like (hunting rifle in .270, .30-06, or .308; another S&W 642; a Kimber Ultra Carry), but I realized I'm way behind on accessories. I need to buy ammo. I need night sites. I'd like an EOTech for my AR-15 (that I don't even have yet). I'd like a telescoping stock for my Mossberg HD shotgun. I need a good gun belt. I need a variety of holsters for different guns and different applications. These things can add up to more than a new gun. I guess I'm saying - I'd like some new ones - but I need to make sure I'm not neglecting the ones I already have. :tiphat:
Native Texian

Topic author
Carrots

Post by Carrots »

I hear that. I've been lucky with ammo and accessories so far, but the wait for custom leather is the thing that is irking me. I have one holster due in Mid-March, one in Mid-June and then one Mid-August. I have bullets, mags, cases and an array of cleaning products just not enough holsters...(and I have no interest in off the shelf kydex). Anyway with two pistols in hand and a third on its way I am going to be hanging up my credit card and getting to the range more often - as you say the wonga 'invested' should save me from the element of possible neglect and until I can find a jolly good reason (and a job!) the longuns will just have to wait whilst I try to master what I already have.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

You can buy as many as you can carry! :anamatedbanana
Byron Dickens

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Just to be clear. The FFL is required to submit form 3310.4 when more than one pistol or revolver is transferred to the same person within a 5 business day period.

Copies of this form are faxed to the ATF by the end of the business day and mailed to the local LEO.

But, with this in mind, there are no restrictions regarding how many pistols or revolvers you purchase in any period of time.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”