New M4

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

New M4

Post by BrassMonkey »

The one and ONLY time you people will get to see me giggling like a little school girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abUhgsp_vi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

RECIT
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New M4

Post by RECIT »

Nice! I have not yet shot a fire extinguisher. I have shot plastic bottles, car doors, small propane tanks, fruit and veggies, paint cans and of course targets, LOL.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Biga9999

Post by Biga9999 »

Nice.

Anyone see Wreckreation Nation last week?

They were shooting binary explosives with high powered rifles. It was awesome.
"Eat, Drink and be Merry, for tomorrow we die"
David J Matthews

CHL Class 03/14/09
Mailed to DPS 03/16/09
DPS received 03/19/09
Processing 04/30/09
Approved 06/19/09
In hand 06/23/09

bpet

Post by bpet »

Whoa! What happened to that first shot?

From the sound in the video, wind must have been from left to right and a tad strong. Compensation seems to have worked nicely but would have been cooler had you managed to put out the brush fire caused by the first shot.

I may have to give the fire extinguisher a try with appropriate special effects - like putting out my flaming grilled chicken that always seems to threaten most of Palo Pinto county during hunting season.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Backslider

Post by Backslider »

It's coming right for us!
If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Very cool. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
God is so good to me.

Duty, Honor, Country

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BrassMonkey »

This gun is brand new out of the box. My first M4. Did not clean or lube. Standing, not leaning on anything, no sling. Those were literally the first and second rounds out of the gun. Iron sights that came on it. Frankly, I am quite proud of myself thank you very much, lol...

Wind was gusting about 12 from 7:00 -> 2:00

I did not compensate. POI seemed bout 1MOA low and .5 MOA right of POI. The right of POA was prolly due to wind.

The cloud was the nitrogen being released. Not the dry chemical. Afterwards, we went down there to clean up, and shook all the powder out. I found the bullet inside the extinguisher, lol. It is perfectly shaped to the inside wall. Only penetrated the first wall which is guess is normal.

I am tired of shooting paper, I want reactive targets. I would call that reactive wouldn't you?

By the way, that FE is no longer made and cannot be serviced, it was last serviced 10 years ago We did not waste anything, in fact, we may have saved a life by "taking it out of service" haha

bpet wrote:Whoa! What happened to that first shot?

From the sound in the video, wind must have been from left to right and a tad strong. Compensation seems to have worked nicely but would have been cooler had you managed to put out the brush fire caused by the first shot.

I may have to give the fire extinguisher a try with appropriate special effects - like putting out my flaming grilled chicken that always seems to threaten most of Palo Pinto county during hunting season.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

What kind of man desecrates a defenseless fire extinguisher?! "rlol"

That was a great shot, very nice indeed - theres nothing quite like watching stuff go boom
BrassMonkey wrote:I am tired of shooting paper, I want reactive targets.
I agree that punching holes in paper has gotten rather boring. If you have a range that will allow it, try some binary exploding targets, they're great fun! http://www.tannerite.com/ :fire

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

One shoot I went on, I had a leaky fire extinguisher I shot up exactly the same way. I even think I made the same laugh.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”