Aaaarg, does anyone have complerte AR uppers in stock??!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
age_ranger
Posts in topic: 2

Aaaarg, does anyone have complerte AR uppers in stock??!

Post by age_ranger »

I've been searching lately for a completed upper that won't knock my socks off with sticker shock and I'm coming up empty. I just want a basic flat top with a good 16" or 18" barrel that the flash hider isn't welded or pinned to. Plain handguards, fine......quad rail, fine....standard front sight, fine......I'm not too picky. It's getting to be a chore to just get this build done. Now I have two lowers. Seems easier to get those!!! One stripped and awaiting completion of the first build.

Any suggestions? Not looking to drop $1k on an upper. $500 range is where I want to be.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Topic author
age_ranger

Re: Aaaarg, does anyone have complete AR uppers in stock??!

Post by age_ranger »

Uh, that should read "complete" uppers.....haha
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

wilder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Aaaarg, does anyone have complerte AR uppers in stock??!

Post by wilder »

I have seen Model 1 uppers complete with BCG for $550 at three different gun shows in the last two months. Go to one of the big shows and you should find one.

JasonH

Post by JasonH »

http://www.gunbroker.com has plenty of complete uppers, lowers, and rifles.

Inflated prices right now (obviously) but a lot cheaper than a gun show or something.

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

There have been bunches of uppers at the local gun shows, but I was at SOG Armory this past week and they had a few on the wall. Not sure about the length or options but I know I saw some there. They are out of Houston on the SW side of town. They are usually at all the large gun shows in this area as well. Nice folks with acceptable prices. Good luck.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

wilder wrote:I have seen Model 1 uppers complete with BCG for $550 at three different gun shows in the last two months. Go to one of the big shows and you should find one.
I wish they'd ship mine to me.
NRA lifetime member

AWB09

Post by AWB09 »

Uppers aren't firearms. I'm surprised some of the auto part subcontractors with excess capacity haven't jumped in the game.
feed the hogs

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures had some in stock 2 weeks ago for $800.00 & up. The past couple of times I've been in there they have had plenty in stock, but they're waaaaay overpriced imo. They also had stripped lowers for $180.00 and complete lowers for $400.00 & up. Keep in mind this was 2 weeks ago & the prices are not exact (I've slept since then).

Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth has uppers in stock chambered in FNH 5.7 mm for $695.00.

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I've seen plenty at the local gun shows lately. Martket Hall is at the end of the month, I'm sure there will be a big selection there. Model 1, SOG Armory, Lone Star Wholesale have had plenty of them at their tables lately.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Check out Del-ton. Your wait time is 4 months or so, but they are in your price range.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I saw 16" M4 uppers from a random supplier at the High Caliber Gun Show this weekend they were selling for $450 plus tax. That included the BCG and charging handle. That has been the best deal I have seen since before the election. I also saw some built lowers for $250-350. So you could be ready to rock for $800 or so plus some mags and ammo. Good luck. Let us know what you find.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”