Just bought a new EMP

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SkipB
Posts in topic: 10

Just bought a new EMP

Post by SkipB »

I just bought a new EMP in 9mm. I will be taking it to the range shortly this morning. I also have a new M&P 40c I bought a few weeks ago I need to shoot, may take it also. Any comments on the EMP.
Skip Bishop

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Just bought a new EMP

Post by Keith B »

Yeah, I have one comment on the EMP; and that is :drool:

Congrats on the purchase Skip. They are AWESOME guns. That is my next planned pistol purchase if I can scrape up the $$$.

Let us know how you like it!!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Thanks Keith. I hear ya about scraping up the money. I just happened to have a little stashed away. I saw it at the Hewitt Gun Shop and watched it for a few days before I bought it.
Skip Bishop

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn_92 »

SkipB wrote:I just bought a new EMP in 9mm. I will be taking it to the range shortly this morning. I also have a new M&P 40c I bought a few weeks ago I need to shoot, may take it also. Any comments on the EMP.
It doesn't exist.... without pictures! :biggrinjester:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

SkipB wrote:Thanks Keith. I hear ya about scraping up the money. I just happened to have a little stashed away. I saw it at the Hewitt Gun Shop and watched it for a few days before I bought it.
The people at Hewitt are really nice folks. When I was there in 2007 for the National Balloon Championship I visited them and really enjoyed their company!

And we DOOOOOO need pictures!! ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

You should see the store now Keith. They expanded it 3 fold. It is by far the nices gun store in my area and they have the largest selection to. Next time your down here for an event let me know and I'll buy lunch. Longhorn I'll try and get some pic's posted tonight. Fixin to leave for the range. I'll give an update this afternoon.
Skip Bishop

fm2

Post by fm2 »

I am interested in the EMP as well. Let us know how it shoots!
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Just got back from the range. I am one very happy camper with the EMP :mrgreen: I took two other pistol's with me, a S&W 642 and a S&W M&P 40c (compact) I shoot the 642 but didn't get around to the .40. After shooting the EMP I fired a few round's through the 642 and decided to shoot the EMP some more. I really like that gun. It is worth every penny I paid for it. I'm not a new shooter, I've been around a while and have shoot all my life. Two tours in Vietnam and Police work after I got out of the Army. I know guns and I love this EMP. Now I have to go about the business of cleaning them.
Skip Bishop

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I somehow knew you were gonna like it Skip! ;-)

Congrats again and give us an update after you've had her for awhile and she is broken in! :thumbs2:
Keith

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Will do bud and when ya get down this way I'll let you shoot it.
Skip Bishop

bryang

Post by bryang »

Congratulations, Skip, the EMP is a really fine pistol. :thumbs2:

Thank you for your report and will be looking forward to the pictures. Keep us updated.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

RECIT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RECIT »

I too love the EMP pistol. I love the idea of a 1911 chambered in 9mm. I don't like the cost or the recoil from the .45acp. I have already done the 1911 thing and I like the way the pistol feels and the controls and everything, just not the .45. Does anyone other than Para and Springer EMP make a 9mm 1911? If so THAT is my next purchase. I know Para makes them, but they are hard to get my hands on, but reasonably priced I think.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

WEC

Post by WEC »

RECIT wrote:I too love the EMP pistol. I love the idea of a 1911 chambered in 9mm. I don't like the cost or the recoil from the .45acp. I have already done the 1911 thing and I like the way the pistol feels and the controls and everything, just not the .45. Does anyone other than Para and Springer EMP make a 9mm 1911? If so THAT is my next purchase. I know Para makes them, but they are hard to get my hands on, but reasonably priced I think.
Kimber makes a few in 9mm, but they are a bit pricier.
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

RECIT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RECIT »

WEC wrote:
RECIT wrote:I too love the EMP pistol. I love the idea of a 1911 chambered in 9mm. I don't like the cost or the recoil from the .45acp. I have already done the 1911 thing and I like the way the pistol feels and the controls and everything, just not the .45. Does anyone other than Para and Springer EMP make a 9mm 1911? If so THAT is my next purchase. I know Para makes them, but they are hard to get my hands on, but reasonably priced I think.
Kimber makes a few in 9mm, but they are a bit pricier.
That is what I was afraid of...
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

RECIT wrote:
WEC wrote:Kimber makes a few in 9mm, but they are a bit pricier.
That is what I was afraid of...
And if you want to drool some more over even more expensive pistols, here ya go: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/handgun-index.asp. All of the Wilson 1911s are available in 9mm except the Bill Wilson Carry Pistol and the Hunter.

Nighthawk makes at least one 1911 in 9mm: http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/detail.aspx?ID=160.

STI offers most of their models in 9mm, also: http://www.stiguns.com/.

But closer to earth-like prices, Springfield also offers a full-size model in 9mm. One of the EMP's claims to fame is its almost complete redesign to get it as small as it is. But you can get a sweet Springer Loaded stainless in 9mm (model PI19134LP).
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”