Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

New TSRA Executive Director

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I am pleased to announce that I have accepted the Executive Director position at TSRA. We are taking this position in an entirely new direction and I will be primarily focused on growing TSRA both in terms of membership and financial resources. That said, I will still be heavily involved in legislative matters, but I will be spending the bulk of my time traveling throughout the State promoting TSRA. Speaking engagements and other opportunities will be a major element in this new program.

I have prepared a Strategic Plan designed to dramatically increase TSRA membership and put us in a much stronger position for the 2010 election and the 2011 Texas Legislative Session. The U.S. census will be taken in 2010 and the results will be used for redistricting in the 2011 legislative session. This makes the 2010 elections the most important for a decade and we need to do everything we can to grow TSRA.

Your help is needed now. We have almost 5400 members here at TexasCHLforum.com and we need every one of you to be ambassadors for TSRA. If you are not a member, please click here to Join TSRA. If you are already a member, then please recruit your family and friends to join. If we want to enjoy a successful 2011 Texas Legislative Session, then we need to raise membership from 30,000 to 100,000 or more in a very short time frame. With 300,000 NRA members and over 1 million hunting licenses sold annually, we should be able to reach this goal.

I plan to present the Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force Laws Seminar throughout the State and hopefully seminars will be placed on the calendar very soon. This is an area where TexasCHLforum.com members can help spread the word and if you know of a potential host for these seminars, then please let me know. There are other programs that will be launched in the coming months, but this seminar and a couple of others are already "in the can" and can be offered soon.

For obvious reasons, this is not a decision I made lightly, but growing TSRA and putting it in a position to protect the rights of Texas gun owners for decades to come is worth personal sacrifice. I hope you will join me in this effort, both by joining TSRA and/or recruiting others to join, and by joining the the TSRA Volunteer Corps I plan to organize shortly.

Chas.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New TSRA Executive Director

Post by LarryH »

Congratulations, Charles.

Will this cut into your lawyering activity?

Oh, if you haven't already, you might want to post this in the Prayer Requests, too. You'll need 'em.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Chas. you are undertaking a might endeavor, and I wish you the best of luck in it. You have my full support.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Mr. Cotton, I have my TSRA membership renewal on my desk now waiting to be mailed. I will change it from one year to life before mailing. You can also count on three more from my home. Best fortune, and thank you for your efforts.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

Allll Right!!!

Get some Charles.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

My congrats to you Charles :tiphat: I think that you have and will continue to do Texas proud. The best of luck to you in your new adventure. :txflag:
Steve

shooter76blue

Post by shooter76blue »

I would love to attend one of the Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force seminars. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any scheduled in my area of South West Texas (San Angelo).
Shooter

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Congratulations Charles. Can't think of a more passionate and dedicated individual for the job! Thanks!!! :tiphat:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Wrightwing

Post by Wrightwing »

Outstanding !! :txflag:
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CompVest »

Question about family memberships. Is it better to have family members join separately to get the head count up?
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

CONGRATS!

I look forward to hearing you on Cam and Company now!
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Commander Cody wrote:Mr. Cotton, I have my TSRA membership renewal on my desk now waiting to be mailed. I will change it from one year to life before mailing. You can also count on three more from my home. Best fortune, and thank you for your efforts.
Now that's a commitment!

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

shooter76blue wrote:I would love to attend one of the Texas Self-Defense & Deadly Force seminars. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any scheduled in my area of South West Texas (San Angelo).
You will be able to now.

Chas.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

You've worked with the TSRA for a while, now, from what I gather, and this just seems like a great opportunity for them to have you in a capacity to better further the TSRA's goals (and therefore furthering our goals).
Thank you for your dedication in this matter.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Thank you for all your efforts, Charles.

I've printed out the TSRA membership form, will mail it off this evening for a 3 year membership.

RNH
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”