Bit by the BUG bug.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bauerdj
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bauerdj »

Been there, done all that. Did complete 'fluff & buff' before sending it to the factory. This unit was a 2nd generqtion and I lubed it properly before first use. I feel it is Kel Tecs responsibility to either repair or replace. I would not sell this dog to an unsuspecting buyer, and if I have to sell it in 'as is' condition because it can't be fixed, I would certainly not buy another Kel Tec.

I expect Kel Tec to either sucessfully repair or replace this item. I also expect them to pay for shipping both ways. Anything less and we head to small claims court.

Dave B.

Topic author
spud
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spud »

Wow, been though more than I thought. I agree it is on them now.

Hope it gets taken care of.

bauerdj

P3AT Saga

Post by bauerdj »

Called Kel Tec today prepared to do battle with them. Gave the person who answered the history and they immediately said I need to speak to the service department manager and transfered me to him. Repeated the story to him and was told that he will personally take care of it when it arrives. Without my asking he volunteered to send me a pick up label for UPS via e-mail so I can return it at their expense. E-mail already arrived so I will ship it out tomorrow. I sure hope they get it working right because I like everything about it except for the reliability. Time will tell, I will give another report when it returns.

By the way, on the label they sent me it has the description as "machined parts" and it is a 2nd day air label.

Dave B.

bauerdj

Kel Tec saga

Post by bauerdj »

Well I now have another page to add to the saga of my P3AT: UPS has apparently lost the dang thing on the way back to Kel Tec. I checked the tracking as it should have reached them today, instead the UPS web site says "Exception - package not located" Since it was shipped via a call tag issued by Kel Tec I guess if it is not located they will have to handle the insurance claim. Fortunately there is nothing custom so I don't have to worry about some of the problems others have had.

I am wondering how long it will take before this is officially declared MIA and Kel Tec can send me a replacement or refund. At least this may solve the 'lemon' issue, but it sure seems like this pistol is jinxed!

Dave B.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seamusTX »

Bummer. You have to think that "machined parts" addressed to Kel-Tec might just be a theft target. Nah.

- Jim

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

I like the seecamp but it is awfully pricy. Kahr seems to be a middle ground, I may go that way depending on how the Kal Tec thing is resolved.

I am also inclined to go with a 9mm because of ammunition cost if I can find one I am comfortable with as a pocket pistol.

Dave B.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Kel Tec saga

Post by flintknapper »

bauerdj wrote:Well I now have another page to add to the saga of my P3AT: UPS has apparently lost the dang thing on the way back to Kel Tec. I checked the tracking as it should have reached them today, instead the UPS web site says "Exception - package not located" Since it was shipped via a call tag issued by Kel Tec I guess if it is not located they will have to handle the insurance claim. Fortunately there is nothing custom so I don't have to worry about some of the problems others have had.

I am wondering how long it will take before this is officially declared MIA and Kel Tec can send me a replacement or refund. At least this may solve the 'lemon' issue, but it sure seems like this pistol is jinxed!

Dave B.

Exactly what happened to me. And mine wasn't "lost", it was the thieving (expletive deleted) at UPS. Not Kel-Tecs fault, to be fair.

Where Kel-Tec and I got cross ways (besides their inability to fix my gun after several tries) involved custom work I had done to my slide, their remedy was to replace it with a stock unit. Anyway, I don't want to get started on that again.

See if they will replace the pistol. Maybe a different one will work for you. Personally, I'd cut my loses and look for something else, but I admit to having a lingering Kel-Tec issue.

Sorry to hear of your continuing trouble.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

Now UPS shows it as rescheduled for delivery tomorrow, so who knows!

I will just have to wait and see how this all works out.

Dave B.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flintknapper »

Great, maybe your luck is turning around.

Hope it works out well for you.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

cjlandry
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cjlandry »

bauerdj wrote:Now UPS shows it as rescheduled for delivery tomorrow, so who knows!

I will just have to wait and see how this all works out.

Dave B.
Please keep us posted.

I have put 330 rounds through mine, cleaning it twice in the process, and have experienced no problems.

For me, if it will fire two mags (+1 in the chamber) repeatedly, it's serving the purpose of a BUG just fine.

I've had a Llama, a Bersa, and a Davis in the past. None were as reliable as my new P3AT, but each would function through a few magazines full of FMJ before the dirt and heat started taking their toll.

This gun is much more reliable than those were, and it eats Gold Dots and other hollow points just fine.

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

I guess I am a little stricter then you - my qualification for a carry gun is it must go through 200 rounds with out a failure, though if it needs to be cleaned after each 50 rounds that would be acceptable.

Just got a letter from Kel Tec wit a $30 refund for shipping charges the last time around. I really have to say their customer service tries very hard to please. Now if they can just get it working properly (or replaced with one that works) I will be happy. I really hope it does work out in the end because it is really ideal for back-up or deep concealment if it can be made to work reliably.

Tomorrow should tell the tail as to wether UPS has found it or not.

Dave B.

Topic author
spud
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spud »

Sorry you are having so many troubles. I deal with UPS daily at work, and about every other month a box of amps from JL Audio will come up missing. I hate paperwork.

Hope it gets worked out for ya.

As for my P3AT, been to the range again. Still running like a champ, no issues at all. Plue I just got in my Bersa finger extension. Makes holding the gun easier. $8 Shipped straight from Bersa.

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

UPS tracking shows it arrived at Kel Tec at 10:00 AM this morning. Now we will see if they can get it working properly.

Dave B.

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Marshal »

Sorry you are having those issues, Dave! :sad:

Anyone here own/shoot a Seecamp .32?

~Bill

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”