locking up the gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Venus Pax »

I like those seats. I did notice the cavernous area during the first fold up. That's more than enough room for the feminine protection.
I've been putting it in my old, nasty-looking lunch kit and transferring it to the trunk while I'm working.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

MrDrummy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MrDrummy »

How sturdy are those Center of Mass lockboxes?

The wife and I are looking for a couple for the car, and also just a nice place to hide some valuables at the apartment.

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Barres, I'm having difficulty finding out specific information on that lifejacket safe with the link you gave me. I'm not sure which one to order for my car.
Also, how difficult is it for me to bolt it to the metal part of my car? I have to do it myself since dh is a bit huffy that I'm "spending money" on this. (I'm using money that I make tutoring in the evenings, not my regular paycheck, but that's another story.)

ETA: Never mind, Barres. I found it on another web site. It fits my gun.
I am still wondering how I'm going to mount it. What kind of drill will I need?

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Venus Pax wrote:Barres, I'm having difficulty finding out specific information on that lifejacket safe with the link you gave me. I'm not sure which one to order for my car.
Also, how difficult is it for me to bolt it to the metal part of my car? I have to do it myself since dh is a bit huffy that I'm "spending money" on this. (I'm using money that I make tutoring in the evenings, not my regular paycheck, but that's another story.)

ETA: Never mind, Barres. I found it on another web site. It fits my gun.
I am still wondering how I'm going to mount it. What kind of drill will I need?

Depending upon where you choose to mount it, "bolting" it may not be necessary. I would use "square drive" pan head self drilling/tapping screws. They leave a very small hole (if you want to remove the safe later), they are self drilling and tapping. All that is required is a drill and a square driver. The screws can be purchased at most good home centers. If you can't find any, let me know and I'll send you a handful.

Of course, the sheetmetal must be of a reasonable thickness (16-12 ga.), and you'll want to know what is underneath it (wiring, hoses, etc...) before drilling.

Good luck with your project.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Flint, thanks so much. I will come back and reference this post as soon as my lifejacket safe comes in.

Boxerrider

sturdy?

Post by Boxerrider »

I've got one of the COM boxes and they are tough enough to defeat curious children and typical smash & grabbers, but I would imagine that a determined individual with a large screwdriver would be able to get in it.

I've also taken a cheap cashbox and drilled two holes through the side to run a cable lock through. It works just as well, probably a little stronger than the COM box, but is too tall to fit under most seats. Works fine in my pickup.

Enjoy!

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I got it in the mail today. I think I'm just going to lock it in that lifejacket and "hide" it under the carpeting of the trunk.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”