Attempted Car Jack

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
seadawg221
Posts in topic: 4

Attempted Car Jack

Post by seadawg221 »

A co-worker of mine got beat down yesterday near Shaver & I-45 , he had came out of the KFC and was walking to his truck, as he walked past a van in the parking lot the side door opened and two hispanic males jumped out and immediately went to pounding on him. Several folks in the parking lot started yelling at the BG's and they left. Police said that this has been happining a lot in this area, they were treating it as an attempted car-jacking.

My buddy does not currently hold a CHL but has now said that he was going to get one....I gave him El Gato's phone number!

This sure hit home with me! I most always have a gun in the car but seldom actually carry it on my person. I am a salesman and frequently I travel into the petrochemical complex's in our area and firearms are never permitted on the property.....What to do????

kw5kw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kw5kw »

PC §30.05.
CRIMINAL TRESPASS.
(a) A person commits an offense if he enters or remains on or in property, including an aircraft or other
vehicle, of another without effective consent or he enters or remains in a building of another without effective consent and he:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(7) "Critical infrastructure facility" means one of the following, if completely enclosed by a fence or other physical barrier that is obviously designed to exclude intruders:

(A) a chemical manufacturing facility;

(B) a refinery;

(I) a gas processing plant, including a plant used in the processing, treatment, or fractionation of natural gas; or

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:

(1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and

(2) the person was carrying a concealed handgun and a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a concealed handgun of the same category the person was carrying.
If you have a CHL you're good to go... just watch for them pesky 30.06 signs.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

phddan

Post by phddan »

Dang, glad he wasn't hurt any worse, and hope he heals up good and fast.
An ambush is just plum hard to defend against. Having a weapon might
have been good or bad. Good if he could use it, bad if it was taken away.
Hopefully he got some good licks in on them, and someone got the plate
numbers.

Dan

Topic author
seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

Reguardless of whether or not I am legal in a refinery all company rules and regulations prohibit firearms. IF I were to be caught at one of these facilities with a weapon I would be banned from that facility and it would create some hardships for myself and my company.

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I've thought about picking up a smaller fixed blade and carrying it in the small of my back. That would allow for a defensive weapon in worst case scenarios and I wouldn't have to worry about company policies.

Nowhere that I go, prohibits knives. I have one on my body any time I am clothed save for sleeping.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirds1210 »

so.....are you ready to come over and try out some holsters Seadawg?? :shock:

I am sorry this happened to your buddy....very sad world we live in.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Your coworker doesn't look like a small guy. If they chose a big guy then they could target anybody.

One of my coworkers had an attempted carjacking a few weeks ago. Carjacker had a gun. By some miracle my coworker got away with his life. Coworker said it was largely psychological. He chose not to go with the carjacker and fought back, and called for help. The carjacker ran. And yes, this was right outside the building I work at, ~5PM.

If anybody doesn't have their license yet or is restricted on carrying at work... remember that knifes and defensive sprays are readily available.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

jbirds1210 wrote:so.....are you ready to come over and try out some holsters Seadawg?? :shock:

I am sorry this happened to your buddy....very sad world we live in.
You got something for a 1911?

I am trading my FAL rifle for a Les Baer 45 next Thursday :lol: :lol:

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

All I have for a 1911 is OWB...It is easy to pick up a good used holster for a 1911....I see them for sale all over the internet. Sorry to hear that you are parting with the old "ugly" FAL......You brought life back into that poor thing. She was fun to shoot :sad: Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

Paladin wrote:Your coworker doesn't look like a small guy. If they chose a big guy then they could target anybody.
That was my first thought also. Doesn't exactly look like easy prey. I'm glad he came away with nothing more than a black eye.

therooster

Post by therooster »

ouch... thats a nasty black eye.

did he get a chance to get ahold of one of those punks and return any favors?

ghentry wrote:
Paladin wrote:Your coworker doesn't look like a small guy. If they chose a big guy then they could target anybody.
That was my first thought also. Doesn't exactly look like easy prey. I'm glad he came away with nothing more than a black eye.

its not about SIZE..... its about AWARENESS!
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

Topic author
seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

therooster wrote:ouch... thats a nasty black eye.

did he get a chance to get ahold of one of those punks and return any favors?

ghentry wrote:

its not about SIZE..... its about AWARENESS!
He never got a lick in on them! He said "There was a bunch of them" I asked how many of them hit you...he said "One"....my response was to call him a whimp :lol: I guess that's what buddies are for!

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

cyphur wrote:I've thought about picking up a smaller fixed blade and carrying it in the small of my back. That would allow for a defensive weapon in worst case scenarios and I wouldn't have to worry about company policies.
I've been contemplating the same thing with my non-gun-friendly employment. But I've also been contempating carrying OC spray, but then again BOTH might be better. Yeah, I know, I've got a CHL and have yet to invest in OC spray...I'm a bad boy. ;-)

JLaw

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JLaw wrote:
I've been contemplating the same thing with my non-gun-friendly employment. But I've also been contempating carrying OC spray, but then again BOTH might be better. Yeah, I know, I've got a CHL and have yet to invest in OC spray...I'm a bad boy. ;-)
For years I carried pepper spray in my car. I knew it wasn't much, but better than nothing. Then I ditched the expired pepper spray and got a CHL. Then I had some close encouters with dogs and decided it was best to carry both. I can be a real process to get to the 'right' place (right varies from person to person)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

fm2

Post by fm2 »

Glad he survived. It's very difficult to break the attackers' initiative in an ambush. That's where awareness can help you, if you can see/feel something out of place, start to initiate your own plan.

You could go with a couple of fixed blade knives.
cyphur wrote:
I've thought about picking up a smaller fixed blade and carrying it in the small of my back. That would allow for a defensive weapon in worst case scenarios and I wouldn't have to worry about company policies.
I would advise a different carry position. One you can access in a fight.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”