Reysc

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
res1b3uq
Posts in topic: 4

Reysc

Post by res1b3uq »

You might check this guy out to lower your ammo bill. I use his ammo for practice and carry. It is accurate stuff. I'm starting on my second 250 round order. The only 1 hole, 5 shot group I've ever shot with a 45 was with this ammo. At 1025 FPS in JHP's it ain't no slouch. http://www.perfectshotllc.com

Reysc
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Reysc

Post by Reysc »

res1b3uq wrote:You might check this guy out to lower your ammo bill. I use his ammo for practice and carry. It is accurate stuff. I'm starting on my second 250 round order. The only 1 hole, 5 shot group I've ever shot with a 45 was with this ammo. At 1025 FPS in JHP's it ain't no slouch. http://www.perfectshotllc.com
Thanks a lot for the link....Looks good and the price is right! How long have you been using their ammo ???

Topic author
res1b3uq

Ammo

Post by res1b3uq »

I just got my second order from him of 250 rounds. I lost him for a while-he changed his email, and did not have a website previously. I find his ammo to be superb. Costs me 10.50 freight for 13 lbs. down here, but it still doesn't cost much more than WWB, and the HP's are Remington bullets. I have an old series 80 that has a 6" Wilson barrel, along with a few other mods on it, and that thing shoots like a laser with his loads. I've got no dog in this fight, just stating facts. Your results may vary. ;-)

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Just got my 250 rounds yesterday.. Looks good and I will try it as soon as I can get to the gun range.. Thanks for the tip!!

Topic author
res1b3uq

ammo

Post by res1b3uq »

O.K., I got you into this , so if you don't like the ammo, I'll buy it from you. My little P12 has one mag that noses the bullet down on the first round. I think that is a problem with the mag, and not the ammo. The older mag works fine with it, as well as my other 3 pistols.

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

Are you guys buying the 185gr JHP in 45 from him? If so, what are you paying for 250 rounds?

I wish he had FMJ in 45acp. If he does, I'm not seeing it.

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

cyphur wrote:Are you guys buying the 185gr JHP in 45 from him? If so, what are you paying for 250 rounds?

I wish he had FMJ in 45acp. If he does, I'm not seeing it.
Cyphur, yup that's what I got and it looks good and smooth. I believe I paid 12.95/box of 50 plus shipping.. It looks like a clean ball and no edges on thw hp part.. You're welcome to see/try if you want..

Reysc

Re: ammo

Post by Reysc »

res1b3uq wrote:O.K., I got you into this , so if you don't like the ammo, I'll buy it from you. My little P12 has one mag that noses the bullet down on the first round. I think that is a problem with the mag, and not the ammo. The older mag works fine with it, as well as my other 3 pistols.
All my 1911 factory mags now have Tripp Research spring/follwer. IMHO. they are the best.. Even the humble non performing Colt Officers mag that came with my colt combat performs loke a top notch, trouble free mags after I've replaced the spring/follower. I use to have your problem and more till the upgade..
Good Luck!!
p.s. no, I'm not gonna sell these ammo!!! LOL!! :grin:

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

Rey, I may have to take you up on that offer.

Is there a discount when you hit 250?

Also - why do you like the Tripp Research follower/spring setup? I was going to convert my Kimber mag using a Wilson Combat follower/spring kit, but am open to other ideas. I just need a follower that won't foul the aluminum frame of my Tac Ultra.

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

http://www.trippresearch.com/products/u ... pgrade.htm

Reason, I like them Cyphur, none of them have failed me.. I also have several wilsons. I buy them ar guns shows if I see 'em on sale.. As I said in my previous post, my problematic colt 6+1 mag turned into and efficient performer after I've upgraded the springs..So currently all my Kimber mags/Para LTC and colt mags are on this upgrade.. Plus of course I usr their mags.. As you said no point discarding the factory ones if we can make it work..

Topic author
res1b3uq

Mags

Post by res1b3uq »

Grumble, grumble, grumble---$50.00 for a mag and then have to buy parts for it. ( actually I only paid $39. for this one, but that's still too much) :evil:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”