Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by timr0763 »

Hello! Great to be here!

Name: Tim
Profession: Engineer - Project Manager
Carry License: Around 17 yrs as I recall
Marital Status: Married for 21 yrs
Carry Equipment: XDs 45 mostly & sometimes my XDs 9mm. During the week I only use a kangaroo carry holster, exclusively. In addition to my weapon, I keep two spare mags & SWAT-T tourniquet in my kangaroo carry. On weekends, I use a mixture on holsters - kangaroo when it’s cool or cold outside or Blackhawk (OWB, Latching) when it’s hot outside. I can’t remember the last time I left home without a weapon on my person - I carry EVERY single day. #2A

I volunteer as the leader on our church security team & I’m always looking for training & education opportunities for our team - firearms, active shooter, first aid, etc.

Tim

joe817
Posts in topic: 128

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum Tim! There's a wealth of information on this board, and a great group of gals & guys to get to know! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

LDB415
Posts in topic: 16

Post by LDB415 »

Welcome Tim. What part of the world are you in? There are a few groups here that meet at various times for breakfast. Maybe you're near enough to join one of them sometime.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

MP214
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MP214 »

Hi Everyone! My name is Michael and I live in Lewisville, Texas. The last few years I lived in downtown Dallas and before that in Little Rock, Arkansas where I was born & raised. I'm a Solution Architect w/ an Energy company although I really wish I had decided to join law enforcement when I was younger. I'm 39 years old, I enjoy training & playing with our dog Cody (he's an 8 month old Belgian Malinois & Anatolian Shepherd mix that we rescued from a shelter 3 months ago), music (mainly country & rock), and following our DFW area sports teams. I actually joined this forum late last year but for some reason just this week figured out that I hadn't fully activated my profile/account yet haha. So I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the forum. I have my Texas LTC and usually carry my S&W Shield as my EDC but sometimes I prefer either my S&W M&P M.20 or Springfield XD Mod.2.

:txflag:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome MP214. You will enjoy the Forum. It is loaded with wealth of information. I spent a few years in and around Little Rock. If I couldn’t live in a Texas it would definitely be Arkansas.

MP214

Post by MP214 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm Welcome MP214. You will enjoy the Forum. It is loaded with wealth of information. I spent a few years in and around Little Rock. If I couldn’t live in a Texas it would definitely be Arkansas.
Thanks Carlson1! I'm looking forward to learning a lot more and contributing. Yes Little Rock is a great area! Most of my family still lives there so we make it back there a few times a year. I sure do love Texas and feel at home here more than anywhere though :)

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

MP214 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm Welcome MP214. You will enjoy the Forum. It is loaded with wealth of information. I spent a few years in and around Little Rock. If I couldn’t live in a Texas it would definitely be Arkansas.
Thanks Carlson1! I'm looking forward to learning a lot more and contributing. Yes Little Rock is a great area! Most of my family still lives there so we make it back there a few times a year. I sure do love Texas and feel at home here more than anywhere though :)
I lived in Mabelvale and worked out of the Federal Prosecutors Office. At that time it was Bob Govar.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

MP214 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:11 pm Hi Everyone! My name is Michael and I live in Lewisville, Texas. The last few years I lived in downtown Dallas and before that in Little Rock, Arkansas where I was born & raised. I'm a Solution Architect w/ an Energy company although I really wish I had decided to join law enforcement when I was younger. I'm 39 years old, I enjoy training & playing with our dog Cody (he's an 8 month old Belgian Malinois & Anatolian Shepherd mix that we rescued from a shelter 3 months ago), music (mainly country & rock), and following our DFW area sports teams. I actually joined this forum late last year but for some reason just this week figured out that I hadn't fully activated my profile/account yet haha. So I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the forum. I have my Texas LTC and usually carry my S&W Shield as my EDC but sometimes I prefer either my S&W M&P M.20 or Springfield XD Mod.2.

Welcome, MP214! My S&W M&P9 M2.0 5inch is my main EDC, carried openly in a Safariland 7TS ALS. The Ruger LCR .38 stays concealed in its Remora RFT in a cargo pocket. Always good to have another M&P fan around.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

MP214

Post by MP214 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:52 pm
I lived in Mabelvale and worked out of the Federal Prosecutors Office. At that time it was Bob Govar.
Small world! You may even know my father who is an attorney in LR. Thanks for the nice welcome here, I should have joined a while ago but better late than never!

MP214

Post by MP214 »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:24 pm
MP214 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:11 pm Hi Everyone! My name is Michael and I live in Lewisville, Texas. The last few years I lived in downtown Dallas and before that in Little Rock, Arkansas where I was born & raised. I'm a Solution Architect w/ an Energy company although I really wish I had decided to join law enforcement when I was younger. I'm 39 years old, I enjoy training & playing with our dog Cody (he's an 8 month old Belgian Malinois & Anatolian Shepherd mix that we rescued from a shelter 3 months ago), music (mainly country & rock), and following our DFW area sports teams. I actually joined this forum late last year but for some reason just this week figured out that I hadn't fully activated my profile/account yet haha. So I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the forum. I have my Texas LTC and usually carry my S&W Shield as my EDC but sometimes I prefer either my S&W M&P M.20 or Springfield XD Mod.2.

Welcome, MP214! My S&W M&P9 M2.0 5inch is my main EDC, carried openly in a Safariland 7TS ALS. The Ruger LCR .38 stays concealed in its Remora RFT in a cargo pocket. Always good to have another M&P fan around.
Yeah that M&P9 M2.0 will probably always be my favorite go-to. Always accurate & reliable... and I actually don't mind the aggressive grip. I like yours in the Flat Dark Earth color. My next purchase will probably be a FDE (maybe in a Glock... sold my Glock 19 Gen 5 last year which I regret now).

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard to all the new folks. I am one of the old hands and still enjoy the evenings here. I think you will too. Join in and we are quick to include everyone.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

MP214 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm
Small world! You may even know my father who is an attorney in LR. Thanks for the nice welcome here, I should have joined a while ago but better late than never!
I was in a Federal Drug Task Force. Not attorney, but I ran into my fair share of attorneys.

MP214

Post by MP214 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:31 pm
MP214 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm
I was in a Federal Drug Task Force. Not attorney, but I ran into my fair share of attorneys.
I bet that was a fun & interesting career! It's nice to meet ya on here, thanks again for the welcome!

dws1117
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dws1117 »

Hello all. I guess this is more of a reintroduction. I am a long time member who joined the forum within a day of going live, but have been inactive for several years. Boy has this forum grown. Glad to see it's been so prosperous. Lost interest in shooting for a while but again have the bug.

Male
Stagehand since 1994 but currently out of work due to Covid (as are most in the entertainment business)
Married w/ 2 kids. One boy about to graduate HS (also recently earned his Eagle scout) and a girl in 8th grade
Years CHL: 5 but haven't carried for quite a while. Hoping to get my CHL again soon
Springfield 1911 and S&W Sigma 9mm. Couple of others but not carry type of guns

I also enjoy photography and spending time at out property in East Texas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Welcome back!
Congrats to your Eagle Scout, my son is also an Eagle. Sorry to hear about your work situation, hope there is some relief coming soon.

:tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”