Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

theblaze
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by theblaze »

New here but not new to guns or carrying.

I’m retired Air Force now living in Florida but have had an affinity for the Great State of Texas ever since I was stationed there for pilot training during my first year in the Air Force.

I drove there from Nebraska with a suitcase and a Glock 19. While I was there I added a Dillon 550 reloading set up and a stainless Colt Government Model.

Texas did not have CHL back then and it would be years later (1999) while I was stationed in California (of all places) that I would get my first permit to carry. Been carrying ever since and it is relatively easy to do in Florida.

If it’s OK for a once-Texan from Florida to hang out with you here I would be humbled and honored. Thanks!
David

scottmangum7
Posts in topic: 1

Post by scottmangum7 »

Newbie here-

Age- Just turned 30-yikes!
Gender-Male
Profession/school status- Sales rep
Marital status-Married with 2 kids
Years CHL-4 years
Carry guns/equipment-
S&W M&P Shield 9mm

Happy to be here as I have a lot to learn!
Scott M.
" In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks" John Muir
https://bestsurvival.org/

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

scottmangum7 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 pm Newbie here-

Gender-Male
Years CHL-4 years
Carry guns/equipment-
S&W M&P Shield 9mm

Welcome and hope you stick around. Jump in the more you are here the better we know you and you know us.
:tiphat: :txflag: :fire
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

theblaze wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:14 pm New here but not new to guns or carrying.

I’m retired Air Force now living in Florida but have had an affinity for the Great State of Texas ever since I was stationed there for pilot training during my first year in the Air Force.

I drove there from Nebraska with a suitcase and a Glock 19. While I was there I added a Dillon 550 reloading set up and a stainless Colt Government Model.

Texas did not have CHL back then and it would be years later (1999) while I was stationed in California (of all places) that I would get my first permit to carry. Been carrying ever since and it is relatively easy to do in Florida.

If it’s OK for a once-Texan from Florida to hang out with you here I would be humbled and honored. Thanks!
David
Welcome aboard. Good place to invest some time every day. :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

theblaze wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:14 pm New here but not new to guns or carrying.

David
Welcome to Texas if not in body then in Spirit!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

theblaze
Posts in topic: 2

Post by theblaze »

longtooth wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:12 pm

David
Welcome aboard. Good place to invest some time every day. :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
Thank you!

Dantastic

Post by Dantastic »

New here. Been trolling the forum since I applied for my LTC in September of 2018. Finally received it and became a member mid January.

Glad to be here. Tons of useful information.
Been a Texas resident my entire life. Have had firearms since I was 7.
I live about 50 miles east of Dallas, in Wills Point, TX.

Thanks for having me! :cheers2:
Dan

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

Welcome, Dantastic! Happy to have you here, especially on this auspicious day; March 6, on which we commemorate the fall of Alamo. :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

BigNee43

Post by BigNee43 »

Well I'll definitely be an outlier here...but here goes. I am a 42yo African-American female. I moved to Fort Worth about 20 years ago from Oklahoma to pursue a career in education.
My wife and I took the LTC class in mid-January. I have submitted my application but I'm still waiting on the plastic. Once the plastic arrives, my EDC will be a S&W M&P Shield 9mm with a kydex holster. I've also been eyeballing an alien gear holster.
If my current school district decides to allow employees to carry, I will be one of the first to volunteer.
BigNee

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 23

Post by TexasFlash »

Welcome to the forum BigNee! I hope you get the opportunity to carry while working; we need more like you watching over our young ones...
Dave :txflag:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

David
This Texan will welcome you here. Welcome aboard.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

scottmangum7 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 pm Newbie here-

Gender-Male
Years CHL-4 years
Carry guns/equipment-
S&W M&P Shield 9mm

30 is not so bad. 69 here and several wise men on this board are my senior advisors. The rest of your years will go pretty fast now. Use them wisely.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Dantastic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 am New here. Been trolling the forum since I applied for my LTC in September of 2018. Finally received it and became a member mid January.

Glad to be here. Tons of useful information.
Been a Texas resident my entire life. Have had firearms since I was 7.
I live about 50 miles east of Dallas, in Wills Point, TX.

Thanks for having me! :cheers2:
Dan
Welcome sir and you are from a well known small city. I have a very strong Greenville history.
As a Deep East Texas resident from the one traffic signal town of Huntington (15miles South of Lufkin on US 69) I welcome you.

EpicMale

Post by EpicMale »

I'm an old guy, hence the EpicMale moniker. I served my country as a USN Corpsman (mostly Marines and never on a boat or ship) in the sixties. I'm over educated, according to my paternal grandfather. I ride motorcycles (Type A personality with a strong dash of Type T). I can't sail or whitewater canoe anymore, due to injuries in one "adventure" or another. I have some sharp grandkids (one at Texas A&M School of Engineering).

I've owned firearms since I was 10, and hunted alone since that age. I also open carried rifles and shotguns on motor scooters and motorcycles for sixty years, without a single problem other than one getting wet now and then. I have had a CHL since the law was passed, with an FFL for an even longer period of time. I open carry handguns daily, and concealed where that silly 30.07 sign is posted. I am an intolerant native Texan that has put my life on the line for people I didn't know. And, some have done the same for me.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum EpicMale!! :tiphat:

Thank you for your service!! :patriot:

Sounds like you can offer a lot of insight, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”