USAA and 30.06

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

USAA and 30.06

Post by pbwalker »

“You previously contacted us regarding our policy on concealed weapons. We regret that it's taken so long for a response, but our management team has provided the following:

The current Financial Center policy is an extension of USAA s San Antonio campus policy which does not allow concealed handguns in our Federal Savings Bank Lobby.

Based on member feedback, our Physical Security Department is now re-examining the policy.

It is our goal to provide quality products and superior service to all our members. We continually look for ways to improve our products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do so.

Brad Wells
AVP Member Experience
We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
Frank Montalvo
USAA “
I contacted them a month or two ago letting them know I was considering changing banks as the signs (at their physical location on I-10 and Huebner in San Antonio...their HQ) are an insult to me as a CHL holder and as a prior service Soldier / Airman.

Let's hope this works out...

:thumbs2:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Re: USAA and 30.06

Post by A-R »

very interested to know the outcome of this. When I lived in San Antonio I was under the mistaken impression that there was some Federal prohibition on carry at that facility. :headscratch

know better now of course

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rbftfire »

Surprising. I am insured through USAA and I am also a financial services customer. I would not have figured that they would have a 30.06 sign on any of their premises.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I haven't been to their office buildings in ages, but they used to have just the generic gun-buster signs, which I ignored.

The line about reconsidering based on member feedback is interesting. I think there are some USAA members on this forum; perhaps we should coordinate and send them a barrage of letters...
USAF 1982-2005

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E.Marquez »

pbwalker wrote:
“You previously contacted us regarding our policy on concealed weapons. We regret that it's taken so long for a response, but our management team has provided the following:

The current Financial Center policy is an extension of USAA s San Antonio campus policy which does not allow concealed handguns in our Federal Savings Bank Lobby.

Based on member feedback, our Physical Security Department is now re-examining the policy.

It is our goal to provide quality products and superior service to all our members. We continually look for ways to improve our products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do so.

Brad Wells
AVP Member Experience
We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
Frank Montalvo
USAA “
I contacted them a month or two ago letting them know I was considering changing banks as the signs (at their physical location on I-10 and Huebner in San Antonio...their HQ) are an insult to me as a CHL holder and as a prior service Soldier / Airman.

Let's hope this works out...

:thumbs2:

:hurry: :hurry: NICE JOB

What address did you use to send that letter?

We just had a USAA bank open in Killeen, and it too is posted. I stopped in yesterday and spoke to the manager. Wanted to know it that was local policy or corporate. He stated it was corporate.

Based on your response. I want to fire off a polite professional request for change or explanation as to why they chose to set this policy. If they are not interested in my business, or those other 20,000 soldiers I speak to on a monthly, yearly basis’s.. That’s ok, but I think they deserve the opportunity to explain there decision.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

I've been a member of USAA for 44 years, and this makes me mad! I will certainly express my displeasure via email.

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pbwalker »

bronco78 wrote: What address did you use to send that letter?
I used the Message Center via USAA.com
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

pbwalker wrote:
bronco78 wrote: What address did you use to send that letter?
I used the Message Center via USAA.com
Thanks.... Letter on the way
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I read on some other gun forum awhile back that USAA is anti-gun and opposed concealed carry here in Texas --unfortunately I can't find that reference now. As this article indicates, they're certainly not gun friendly: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spe ... 83905.html

Here https://www.tsra.com/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=113 the TSRA calls "USAA, Verizon, Texas Chemical Council ....." the "usual" opposition, suggesting they are reflexively anti-gun.

Anyone know if USAA has opposed gun rights on other fronts? If there is evidence out there that USAA is anti-gun I'll have to tell them goodbye.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Cobra Medic

Post by Cobra Medic »

I'm surprised because USAA has really good firearm coverage included standard in their homeowner policy. Maybe the insurance people are different than the banker types.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

As a USAA member, I am now obligated to help them consider this policy. If they are basing their decision on member feedback, that seems reasonable to me, and I have to give them my side to make sure they get as full a view as possible. My letter will be on the way as soon as I finish browsing this forum (priorities, you know).
Steve Rothstein

E150GT

Post by E150GT »

I am a USAA member, but I have never been to the lobby. I have gone through the drive through, but its takes so long, I will just mail my checks to them with the free envelopes they gave me.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I deposit to USAA via my iPhone.

Pretty awesome. I've been a member for a while, and I have EVERYthing through them.

Checking, Savings, Roth IRA, Brokerage, Mutual Funds, Car Loan, Car Insurance, Jewely Insurance, Renters Insurance, High Value items (guns, guitar, iPhone) insurance. I love them. I will be sending a letter as well.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

I've been w. them since 1986, and will be letting them know my opinion of their current policy as well.

Just submitted this:
----------------------------
I've been a member of USAA since 1986, and have always spoken highly of the organization to everyone I know. I'm writing today because I just learned that USAA has posted their lobby with 30.06 signs prohibiting citizens from lawfully carrying their firearms into the building.

As you're no doubt already aware, CHL holders in Texas are among the most highly trained and scrutinized civilians in the country. Texas has some of the most stringent requirements for a CHL of any state. Even without that bar, for an organization which serves military families to prohibit the exercise of a fundamental right to self-defense is both surprising and disappointing.

Here in Houston, I routinely enter Chase Bank's branches to conduct transactions with them for my business. I carry a concealed firearm, as I do always & everywhere that carry is legally permissible. Chase has not posted 30.06 signs in their lobby, and I've never had a problem doing business with them. In fact, my firearm has yet to leap out of its holster & commit any crimes in the bank, or anywhere else for that matter. Perhaps I'm just one of the lucky ones. If you think that people with ill-intent would turn back when confronted with a 30.06 sign, you are terribly optimistic. I'm puzzled as to what benefits you expect from this signage & your policy. I *do* know that the 'good guys' are taking offense to your decision and questioning whether to continue their relationships with USAA.

I am chagrined to find myself doing business with an organization that does not respect the virtues of citizens lawfully taking back responsibility for their own defense. I strongly encourage you to reconsider your policy. I will check back in a few months to see if any headway has been made.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

howdy

Post by howdy »

I have been a member/customer since 1972. I just sent my e-mail.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”