Received my Tucker Bullhide gun belt yesterday.....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 3

Received my Tucker Bullhide gun belt yesterday.....

Post by cyphur »

and he was kind enough to send me my Answer as well!! I know, I know, I need pics. I wasn't able to snap any up last nite, maybe tonite after work.

The belt is the nicest I own, very high quality, rigid yet comfortable. Plus it has a great finish!

The holster is great. Fits my gun nicely, only way it could be a better fit is if I actually sent Tucker my handgun. The kydex has great retention, very nice mold. The leather is great, and the craftsmanship is second to none!! It will take some wearing in for the leather to form to my body, but I have no doubt it will.

Only issue I've found so far, is that during holstering, my safety tends to be flipped off. Maybe the Kimber Tactical series has more prominent safety levers? Not sure. I'll give it a few weeks of home carry to see if its something that get worked out. It may be in my mechanics of holstering, something else to look at.

I'll try to post some pictures tonite.

Reysc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Reysc »

Congrats, Cyphur!! Looking forward to check it out... You wanna sell me the other one one we talked about last Sunday?? Hope it will serve my purpose..

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Reysc wrote:Congrats, Cyphur!! Looking forward to check it out... You wanna sell me the other one one we talked about last Sunday?? Hope it will serve my purpose..
Yea, give me a call and we can work something out!

spud

Post by spud »

I knew you coudent go wrong with Tucker. I wear my Answer and belt all the time. I just got a new digi cam but Im not gonna post any new pictures untill I get back from Cancun.

But Tuckers work is second to none.

nb4zot

iwb from Tucker

Post by nb4zot »

I ordered an IWB from Tucker. Looks great. It was for my 6" sw686P.

Huge gun. Only company who would custom make a holster for me.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Cyphur,

Did you by chance order the holster with a thumbbreak?

A few years ago, I bought a Texas Heritage and got it with a thumb break, against Tucker's and Rob's advice. The strap would push the safety off.

Eventually, the perceived need for the thumb strap fades and you realize you didn't really need it.

Since then, I bought an Answer, without thumb break.

Right now, my Texas Heritage is back, having the thumb break cut off.

Not sure if this is your issue.

It sure was mine!

In a week of carrying a PT1911 in my Answer, the safety has not moved.

The PT1911 has an ambidextrous safety with pronounced levers.

Mike

Commander

Post by Commander »

Cyphur, I'd like to see it as well. What is your CHL status? Still in the waiting room?
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Mike, no thumb break. I found the issue was only happening when I was holstering it, and I've since figured a way around it. It was pretty much just me :)

Phil, still waiting for an update! It still says "Packet Mailed to Applicant". Bill got to see it yesterday when he was able to meet up with me out at GPSR. Next trip to the range will be when my rifle gets back from the shop(warranty work).

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”