Red Dawn (movie) and Form 4473

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Thomas

Red Dawn (movie) and Form 4473

Post by Thomas »

From the movie Red Dawn (made in 1984),
Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership.
I'm half way through the movie at my friend's suggestion. In the movie, the form is used by an invading Soviet army to track down civilians who own guns. I was surprised that the forms are that old, in fact in Wikipedia it says, "These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974."

I found this interesting and just thought I'd throw it out there.

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Red Dawn (movie) and Form 4473

Post by A-R »

WOLVERINES!!!

that movie is the best example of the need for 2A RKBA to ever come out of Hollywood

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Thomas wrote:From the movie Red Dawn (made in 1984),
Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership.
I'm half way through the movie at my friend's suggestion. In the movie, the form is used by an invading Soviet army to track down civilians who own guns. I was surprised that the forms are that old, in fact in Wikipedia it says, "These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974."
"Old" is sometimes called "History".

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

John Milius!

:thewave
When in doubt
Vote them out!

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

Thomas wrote:I'm half way through the movie at my friend's suggestion. In the movie, the form is used by an invading Soviet army to track down civilians who own guns. I was surprised that the forms are that old, in fact in Wikipedia it says, "These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974."
ATF Form 4473 (not sure if that was the name originally) was introduced as a result of the Gun Control Act of 1968, which prohibited interstate transfers of firearms without going through an FFL.

There is a Red Dawn remake in the works (ChiComs rather than Ruskies); I wonder if that scene will make it in.

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

I want to see the remake.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

"... In the early days of World War III, guerrillas - mostly children - placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that 'this nation shall not perish from the earth.'"

:hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

McKnife

Post by McKnife »

Just FYI:

Red Dawn is being re-made, which was supposed to be released in 2010, but it's been delayed with no definite release date. -- Unfortunately, I've heard that a few die-hard fans read the script and say it's full of political correctness, bias agendas and propaganda. I'll save my critique until after I've seen it.

Also, there was a new movie in Australia called, "Tomorrow, When the War Began" which is very similar to Red Dawn. It was decent, but no Red Dawn.

My favorite 'survival' program was the "Jericho" TV series..
:coolgleamA:

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 3

Post by maverick2076 »

I just watched "Tomorrow, When the War Began" last night. While the character development of Ellie, the lead, was interesting, the "combat" scenes were wretchedly unbelieveable. It was Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. I was really disappointed, because I wanted to like this movie.

McKnife

Post by McKnife »

maverick2076 wrote:I just watched "Tomorrow, When the War Began" last night. While the character development of Ellie, the lead, was interesting, the "combat" scenes were wretchedly unbelieveable. It was Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. I was really disappointed, because I wanted to like this movie.

:iagree: Yeah...it could have been such an awesome movie, but the fights were sorry. It had potential, but like I said...it was no Red Dawn.
:coolgleamA:

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 3

Post by maverick2076 »

^
Gorgeous Australian women can only carry a movie so far...

but I appreciate their effort!

Topic author
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

hirundo82 wrote:
Thomas wrote:I'm half way through the movie at my friend's suggestion. In the movie, the form is used by an invading Soviet army to track down civilians who own guns. I was surprised that the forms are that old, in fact in Wikipedia it says, "These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974."
ATF Form 4473 (not sure if that was the name originally) was introduced as a result of the Gun Control Act of 1968, which prohibited interstate transfers of firearms without going through an FFL.

There is a Red Dawn remake in the works (ChiComs rather than Ruskies); I wonder if that scene will make it in.
Thank you for the info!
McKnife wrote:My favorite 'survival' program was the "Jericho" TV series..
Jericho was my favorite until I watched Jeremiah.

EDIT: Just noticed I graduated from Junior Member to Member :mrgreen:

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

RoyGBiv wrote:"... In the early days of World War III, guerrillas - mostly children - placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that 'this nation shall not perish from the earth.'"

:hurry:

WOW :biggrinjester: That movie was a classic...look at the cast. Really a great storyline!
A Renewal Waiter
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

Seems like a Chinese adversary is a stretch, I think an Islamo-Mexican alliance (similar to the Russo-Cuban in the original) would make more sense, but that would be a political fiasco.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Tamie

Post by Tamie »

It looks like The Breakfast Club with guns. :smilelol5:

A remake with China is silly. How does China benefit of invading? They already get tons of money from Americans buying Chinese goods and they hold a significant portion of the US debt. Right now they keep getting golden eggs but they don't have to feed the goose.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”