03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

You worried about getting held up by Walter Mondale?

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

I went through about 15 pages of this one again today and was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who carry a 1911!

sparkyfender

Post by sparkyfender »

One of these, S&W 3913 Ladysmith, Sig 239
Attachments
IMG_0234.jpg

Danielsuzuki

Post by Danielsuzuki »

Let’s see... two Glocks, two reloads, two flashlights, a folding knife, a leatherman, a tiny can of OC, a steel reinforced belt, and steel toed boots.

And then there’s my pack...
6D043761-49C7-45C5-AB3B-ACB36D6FD3CD.jpeg
0F3C642C-0194-488E-A5BF-22AC5A44CDA6.jpeg

narcissist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by narcissist »

So everyone knows you should never post your gun with the serial number showing. Black out the serial number or don't it's up to you, just trying to help out that's all.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Liberty
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Liberty »

narcissist wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm So everyone knows you should never post your gun with the serial number showing. Black out the serial number or don't it's up to you, just trying to help out that's all.
It's common wisdom to block the serial numbers, and I obscure mine if I post pictures. Although I don't really understand why it is necessary.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

narcissist wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm So everyone knows you should never post your gun with the serial number showing. Black out the serial number or don't it's up to you, just trying to help out that's all.
There's no real reason to block out any firearm serial number - UNLESS you're the guy that stole it :cool:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 68Charger »

My daily carry changed from a P238 to a P365 with Grey Ghost lower.

We don't need no stinking badges!

narcissist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by narcissist »

Scott B. wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:25 pm
There's no real reason to block out any firearm serial number - UNLESS you're the guy that stole it :cool:

Your giving people bad advice, but I'm guessing you know what your talking about? How about you do some research before giving out bad advice.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Liberty
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Liberty »

narcissist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Your giving people bad advice, but I'm guessing you know what your talking about? How about you do some research before giving out bad advice.
Why is it bad advice? I hear it a lot that we shouldn't let our serial out. But I never heard a reason why.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

narcissist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm

What harmful act, pray tell, do you think some internet bad guy will do with a random serial number pulled off such an image?

Do a drive by?

I deal with firearm serial numbers 6 days a week and have never had the ATF or any local, state, or federal law enforcement entity even hint at something nefarious done with a borrowed serial number.

This probably deserves a separate thread. We can either call it 'internet gun myths' or I can eat my hat.

I saw this with humor. I intend you no ill will, but I am curious what is you think/know to be wrong here.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

All I have read ( on multiple forums ) is speculation about what could happen. I’ve never read of something that did happen.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”