Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by 68Charger »

This discussion is nice and all, but can we keep it on topic of just pictures of daily carry? I'd like for you to comment on my gun. Say pretty things about it. Tell me that it looks hideous. Thanks. :tiphat: :biggrinjester:
We don't need no stinking badges!

Stick_Shift
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Stick_Shift »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm Image
Dying.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

narcissist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by narcissist »

Scott B. wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm
narcissist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Scott B. wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:25 pm
narcissist wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm So everyone knows you should never post your gun with the serial number showing. Black out the serial number or don't it's up to you, just trying to help out that's all.
There's no real reason to block out any firearm serial number - UNLESS you're the guy that stole it :cool:

Your giving people bad advice, but I'm guessing you know what your talking about? How about you do some research before giving out bad advice.
What harmful act, pray tell, do you think some internet bad guy will do with a random serial number pulled off such an image?

Do a drive by?

I deal with firearm serial numbers 6 days a week and have never had the ATF or any local, state, or federal law enforcement entity even hint at something nefarious done with a borrowed serial number.

This probably deserves a separate thread. We can either call it 'internet gun myths' or I can eat my hat.

I saw this with humor. I intend you no ill will, but I am curious what is you think/know to be wrong here.
Don't want to argue which Is against rules, but I could explain it to you but you know what maybe you will learn the hard way one day. I hope you don't but if you don't believe me keep posting serial numbers of your guns and eventually you will learn the hard way. :lol::
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

On_Code
Posts in topic: 3

Post by On_Code »

Sig P365/Tier1 Axis Slim
The attachment 12C5CAA5-D2A1-4A2E-B85B-96CA7D87E2C9.jpeg is no longer available
Attachments
12C5CAA5-D2A1-4A2E-B85B-96CA7D87E2C9.jpeg

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warnmar10 »

narcissist wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 am
Scott B. wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm
narcissist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Scott B. wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:25 pm
narcissist wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm So everyone knows you should never post your gun with the serial number showing. Black out the serial number or don't it's up to you, just trying to help out that's all.
There's no real reason to block out any firearm serial number - UNLESS you're the guy that stole it :cool:

Your giving people bad advice, but I'm guessing you know what your talking about? How about you do some research before giving out bad advice.
What harmful act, pray tell, do you think some internet bad guy will do with a random serial number pulled off such an image?

Do a drive by?

I deal with firearm serial numbers 6 days a week and have never had the ATF or any local, state, or federal law enforcement entity even hint at something nefarious done with a borrowed serial number.

This probably deserves a separate thread. We can either call it 'internet gun myths' or I can eat my hat.

I saw this with humor. I intend you no ill will, but I am curious what is you think/know to be wrong here.
Don't want to argue which Is against rules, but I could explain it to you but you know what maybe you will learn the hard way one day. I hope you don't but if you don't believe me keep posting serial numbers of your guns and eventually you will learn the hard way. :lol::
No need to argue, just answer the question or provide a link to something that supports your assertion.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by narcissist »

Don't have no links that you would like but I do know there are a lot of bad people in this world.

One way someone can use the serial number is to basically lie and report it lost or stolen. If your stopped and they run your gun you know what happens.

Best thing to do is Keep the reciet of every gun as some form of evidence but the criminal can have a friend write him/her a bill of sale for that gun so he/she has their illegal proof but proof not in their handwriting.

Another way is to build let's say a 1911 yourself and use the serial number so if checked you can assume its clean ect. Just by looking on these websites because you know most these people are good

I can't remember the website I was on years ago but they had the guys name plastered all over and explained how the guy had a class lll item transferred without his knowledge. I believe if memory is right it was a machine gun. Dont know the outcome of that but wish I would of kept the page, also in contact.

Sorry for not having proof guess it could be far fetched thinking but you do you and I'll keep being paranoid? Just hope I didn't give the criminals ideas now?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 21

Post by surferdaddy »

This is one that I’ve always wanted. Been carrying it a lot and I have to say that I love it. I had a PPQ that was a fantastic handgun, one that I shot better than any other. I could not get used to carrying it with its wonderful trigger. It gave me the Heeebie-jeebies. With the P99 I have the same basic feel but can carry it in double action. I put the excellent Trijicon HD’s on it and I am loving it.

(Oh and I love the way it looks too.)

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

On_Code

Post by On_Code »

My EDC
Attachments
0A0FD873-0CB9-4532-9771-76E9BCEE3089.jpeg

clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

On_Code wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:50 amMy EDC
Nice ring brother.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Scott B. »

My current EDC setup. Switched from my beloved M&P9 Pro over to this hybrid Sig 320 Carry/Compact setup. Really digging the X Compact grip module.

IMG_20191005_084614.jpg
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

On_Code

Post by On_Code »

clarionite wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:04 pm
Nice ring brother.
Thanks...I paid dearly for it. :thumbs2:

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 37

Post by carlson1 »

Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm and 2 spare mags with TTGunleather has been mostly my EDC for a while now.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:26 pm Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm and 2 spare mags with TTGunleather has been mostly my EDC for a while now.

That is a nice set up carlson. I have to ask you a question though. I find it very difficult to carry a four inch 1911 concealed. Even if I wear a shirt untucked it likes to pattern and even peak out now and then. If you don't mind saying I would like to know how you dress around that rig when CC.

It may be my weight. I am about 50 pounds overweight. I like to tell myself I have a large frame. :mrgreen:

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 37

Post by carlson1 »

Lightningrocks I wished I was s just 50lbs overweight. I am 6’4 and 416lbs at this time. I was 503lbs at my heaviest. :oops: I have no problem concealing the commander or the full size. I wear a suit a lot. If not in a suit usually dress pants with a squared off dress shirt untucked. I do also carry it in a Milt Sparks VM2 also. When carrying IWB I use a horizontal mag holder and only carry one extra mag.

My 5” with the same set up.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

On_Code wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:19 pm
clarionite wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:04 pm
Nice ring brother.
Thanks...I paid dearly for it. :thumbs2:
I know you did...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”