A decision! Well almost...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Jules
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A decision! Well almost...

Post by Jules »

Pm me when you want to try out the g30sf. I have a clean one on my hip right now that would love to be shot. I do have a 3.5# trigger so it will feel a little different than the others you shot.

jmoney

Post by jmoney »

get the 19, it does everything. If you are getting a Gen4, try to stay away from 115gr ammo, and make sure you put 500 or so rounds through it to make sure it doesn't have any malfunctions. I also suggest talon grips, heinie s8s, and 4.5 ranger trigger from ghost triggers

Mike from Texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike from Texas »

jmoney wrote:get the 19, it does everything. If you are getting a Gen4, try to stay away from 115gr ammo, and make sure you put 500 or so rounds through it to make sure it doesn't have any malfunctions. I also suggest talon grips, heinie s8s, and 4.5 ranger trigger from ghost triggers
This is the reason I say stay away from the Gen 4. The gen 3 guns are a proven design and it not picky with ammo. No reason to have a Glock that is so picky. It goes against their years of proven reliability.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

The Gen4 G19 I had did not like 115 or 124 grain ammo. After getting the new recoil spring the gun would shoot both of those reliably but then it would not extract heavier loads (like 147gr loads). I managed to resolve that issue by getting an armorer to perform magic on it (I was told it's an odd issue but he sees it on Gen4s). The next thing I know is that the gun is shaving brass from the case mouth, another visit with the same armorer resolved that issue (He tells me its a common problem on some Gen4s, but he's never seen it as bad as mine was doing it). At this point the gun is running right, I put about 1000 rounds through it w/o issue and sold it.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

snorri

Post by snorri »

RottenApple wrote:Let me preface this by saying I've never been to the Arms Room so I cannot say how or even if they take care of their rental guns. That being said, in my experience most ranges don't take very good care of their rental/test fire guns. Bullet Trap in Plano is a perfect example.

I took my wife to Bullet Trap to check out different guns and test fire ones that appealed to her. I noticed that all the guns we handled were exceptionally dirty and not very well maintained.
That's true but all the guns are dirty so he was still comparing apples to apples. He didn't experience the M&P in the best conditions but he didn't experience any of the guns in the best conditions so it's a level playing field. Add in that defensive shootings don't always happen in the best conditions and I think it was a good comparison.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

Topic author
SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SQLGeek »

Update:

My wife and I took an impromptu trip to Tomball Pawn today under the guise of trying to hock a few things we want to sell but I think we both knew I wanted to drool over guns.

I looked over several guns, including the Kel-Tec PF9, the SP-101, the LCR .357 and the Glock 19. Decided the Glock 19 is what I really wanted and picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4. I didn't have time to clean it today but I'm sure I'll find some time to do so tomorrow. Probably won't be able to hit the range until next weekend.

I'd post a picture but I think we all know what a Glock looks like. :lol: Glad to say I am now a member of the Combat Tupperware Club.

P.S. I have to say, I really like the LCR .357. I think I already know what I'm saving my pennies towards next.
Psalm 91:2

Rugerboy50

Post by Rugerboy50 »

SQLGeek wrote:Update:

My wife and I took an impromptu trip to Tomball Pawn today under the guise of trying to hock a few things we want to sell but I think we both knew I wanted to drool over gun.
My wife and i rode up to Tomball Pawn today as well.

I'm starting to look for a .45 acp 4" 1911. Was impressed with the selection. They had a Colt Commander that felt really good in my hand.

Also went up to Shooters Station in Conroe. They had a Kimber I really liked. Nice inventory of STI's in stock as well.

Good shooting with your new piece. :fire

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

i have a 19 that stays home and a 26 I carry (yeah, I used to carry the 19)

The 26 is fitted with a 17 round mag onto which I put a Pearce +3 base plate so it holds 20 rounds, and a mag spacer.
Of course I also can use the 10 or 10+3 mags made for the Glock 26 for really deep concealment
or 15 or 15+3 Glock 19 mags with mag spacers

but I like having 21 rounds ready to go without having a long thick slide poking me or knocking on the wooden pew at church or metal chair etc ... the 19 stays home

If the 21 rounds and my spare 20 round mag are about to run dry, (and my BUG) I keep 2- 30 rounders in the car, to get me home to where I keep ... well, ....more :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I was impressed with their selection and helpful staff at Tomball Pawn. Their gun prices were great too. I'll be back up that way when it's time to get a pocket gun.

As for the Glock, I checked the recoil spring and it has the latest and greatest 0-4-1 spring. I have a variety of ammo to try with it including Federal Champion, Magtech, Monarch and that 124 gr Swiss stuff...RWA I think it's called.

Count

Post by Count »

SQLGeek wrote:Update:

My wife and I took an impromptu trip to Tomball Pawn today under the guise of trying to hock a few things we want to sell but I think we both knew I wanted to drool over guns.

I looked over several guns, including the Kel-Tec PF9, the SP-101, the LCR .357 and the Glock 19. Decided the Glock 19 is what I really wanted and picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4. I didn't have time to clean it today but I'm sure I'll find some time to do so tomorrow. Probably won't be able to hit the range until next weekend.
Do you remember what they wanted for the PF-9?
The information in this message is not provided in the course of a client relationship and is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice.

Topic author
SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Not off the top of my head but IIRC, it was between 259 - 279.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”