Got a P226

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
paulhailes
Posts in topic: 2

Got a P226

Post by paulhailes »

About a month ago I found a price on a p226 that I couldn't pass up. I am absolutly in love with this gun. I got the .40 DAK version and while it took a bit to get used to the trigger, I love it now. It's a huge difference from my DCAK M&P. The grip on my p226 fits my hand perfectly (hogue panel grips). I have heard a lot of people talk about the new sigs and how the arnt as good, well so far mine has performed flawlessly, and I couldn't be happier with it. Just thought I would let y'all know I am now a happy sig owner.

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got a P226

Post by olafpfj »

I have one in 9mm. Love it and it has been bomb proof reliable. Did a combat class with it where we put 900 rounds through in like 5 hours. It looked like it was desert camp from all the muck and grime on it. Flawless all day though and it ate a lot of dirt that day.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

This one is about 20 years old and it's been perfect. I'm not a 9mm fan but it's still my favorite handgun.
Attachments
DSC02749.JPG

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

Yup, I have the 226 E2 with SRT... as you say, flawless.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
paulhailes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by paulhailes »

I used my sig to qualify at the academy, and throughout the past week it ran 1,000 rounds without a flaw. It was cleaned every night, so I don't know how many it can run through without being cleaned but I do know we ran our guns pretty hard this past week. Every person who had a block (side story: auto correct on my Mac corrected glock to block :smilelol5:) had at least one double feed or FTE. The one other sig in the group was having double feed issues but they were caused by a non Mec-Gar 15 round mag, and went away when he switched to the 12 round mags.

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

paulhailes wrote:I used my sig to qualify at the academy, and throughout the past week it ran 1,000 rounds without a flaw. It was cleaned every night, so I don't know how many it can run through without being cleaned but I do know we ran our guns pretty hard this past week. Every person who had a block (side story: auto correct on my Mac corrected glock to block :smilelol5:) had at least one double feed or FTE. The one other sig in the group was having double feed issues but they were caused by a non Mec-Gar 15 round mag, and went away when he switched to the 12 round mags.

I carried a P2266 9 mm all oer God's green Earth....Never had any problems with it at all. Mine got pretty filthy a couple of times... ran through water and everything else.. always fired. They are fantastic guns. Only reason I don't own one now is because after the military I found that I actually shot Glocks better.
No More Signature

rwg3

Post by rwg3 »

Mine is also closing in on 20 years and it is the standard to which I compare all other pistols. I wish you much enjoyment for many years with it.
"Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl-chain of all virtues", Thomas Fuller

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Congratulations! I'd love to have a 226, but it's just too massive for an OWB carry gun. I might get one anyway ($$$) some day for a house and car gun. A 9mm+P 226 with 3 or 4 20-round magazines makes one heck of a capable weapon.
-Ruark

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have a German made 1997 vintage, according to the proof marks, that I had the Sig Service Plan performed on and added a set of NIL grips. As it sits this is one of my favorite handguns. There is something to be said about how beautiful a handgun w/o rail looks.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Not sure how long they can go w/o cleaning, but just got mine back from our own Robert Burke (trigger job) who had an insert specifying what lube he put on it, saying it should be good for 3,000 rounds.
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I have a 226 Navy that I've had for years. I figure if those are good enough for SEALS and SAS, they're good enough for me. I had this one perfected by a work over by Bruce Gray awhile back and it is really top notch. It shoots a lot better than I do, put it that way! Between practice, IDPA meets and Bullseye, etc. it must have quite a few thousand rounds through it by now.

I'm looking forward to getting some real magazines when I get to Texas to replace the 10 rounders we are limited to in California.

I like the feel of the HK45 more, and owned one until recently, and will buy one of those when I'm a resident of a free state, soon. The HK45 fits my hand better somehow, I think. I'm not sure it is "better," just feels better to me.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

JALLEN wrote:I have a 226 Navy that I've had for years. I figure if those are good enough for SEALS and SAS, they're good enough for me. I had this one perfected by a work over by Bruce Gray awhile back and it is really top notch. It shoots a lot better than I do, put it that way! Between practice, IDPA meets and Bullseye, etc. it must have quite a few thousand rounds through it by now.

I'm looking forward to getting some real magazines when I get to Texas to replace the 10 rounders we are limited to in California.

I like the feel of the HK45 more, and owned one until recently, and will buy one of those when I'm a resident of a free state, soon. The HK45 fits my hand better somehow, I think. I'm not sure it is "better," just feels better to me.
Try the new E2 grips they can retrofit to your 226. Try one out in a store first, and if you like it, you can buy the #2 grip kit. Reduction grip that is deeply scooped up under the slide. Makes a BIG difference to my small hands.
NRA Life Member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

wgoforth wrote:Yup, I have the 226 E2 with SRT... as you say, flawless.
I got to fire one with the SRT (it may have been an E2 as the guy who owned it said it had special grips on it). That was absolutely the best trigger I have ever pulled. The first DA pull was smooth, if long...and the SRT made the followup shots cake. That pistol made me look good, and I consider myself to be only a fair shot. Maybe someday when I get a real job again, I'll be able to get me one.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
wgoforth wrote:Yup, I have the 226 E2 with SRT... as you say, flawless.
I got to fire one with the SRT (it may have been an E2 as the guy who owned it said it had special grips on it). That was absolutely the best trigger I have ever pulled. The first DA pull was smooth, if long...and the SRT made the followup shots cake. That pistol made me look good, and I consider myself to be only a fair shot. Maybe someday when I get a real job again, I'll be able to get me one.
Amen to that...as if the SRT made it short and light enough? I just got mine done over by our Robert Burke... can you imagine bump firing a handgun??
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”