Range report - Beretta Nano sub-compact 9mm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Range report - Beretta Nano sub-compact 9mm

Post by Greybeard »

Good review. I saw my first one during a student's CHL qual last week. He'd worked and waited a while to get his hands on it. Kinda reminded me of a Glock. Only skinny.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...first review I've found...thanks...is it more substantial in the grip than a Kahr 9mm??? my big hands don't like the skinny grip of the Kahr...

Tallinthesaddle

Post by Tallinthesaddle »

Very interesting shot of the Nano compared to the PPS. I looked at one for the first time at the Academy store in Lubbock this morning and the first thought I had was it reminded me of a slightly more compact PPS. It does have good sights, that can make or break a compact class pistol.

Monker10

Post by Monker10 »

I just picked up my nano yesterday! It first caught my eye when i saw one at academy right before Christmas. Thanks for the review, several have been popping up and overall it's seems to be pretty positive. A few people are having issues with fte with lighter loads but that's doesn't seem across the board. It has a little bit of weight to it but I like that it feels solid and well built and doesn't seem too noticeable when I carry it in a pocket. I also find it easy to take down( as opposed to my k9) even though it requires "tools". I found that any coin or brass casing and a ballpoint pen will do and to reassemble all you have to do is rack the slide and your set.

I have heard that the recoil is suprisingly manageable for such a small pistol. Can't wait to take it to the range this weekend and try it out for myself :mrgreen:

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Monker10 wrote:I just picked up my nano yesterday! It first caught my eye when i saw one at academy right before Christmas. Thanks for the review, several have been popping up and overall it's seems to be pretty positive. A few people are having issues with fte with lighter loads but that's doesn't seem across the board. It has a little bit of weight to it but I like that it feels solid and well built and doesn't seem too noticeable when I carry it in a pocket. I also find it easy to take down( as opposed to my k9) even though it requires "tools". I found that any coin or brass casing and a ballpoint pen will do and to reassemble all you have to do is rack the slide and your set.

I have heard that the recoil is suprisingly manageable for such a small pistol. Can't wait to take it to the range this weekend and try it out for myself :mrgreen:
Keep us in the loop! Let us know how she does. Take pictures, lots and lots o' pictures!
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”