Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

wrinkles
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Show your DIY Ideas and Projects

Post by wrinkles »

Case collator. Progress so far.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Used a normal front sight and cut drilled and inserted a fiber light pipe.

DIY IWB holster. Used crossbreed clips.

wrinkles

Post by wrinkles »

Spotting scope with webcam. Use it at service rifle matches.

Shack on top the peak where arrow is.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Tireshred wrote:I use this in my backyard for practice, it's a GAMO MTS1000, the first gun is a Beeman Vulcan .177 & the second is a Henry with Super Colibri .22 shorts. It keeps my skills up when I only have a few minutes. Click on the picture to see the video. I have great neighbors :lol:
Very impressive setup. :cheers2:
NRA Endowment Member

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

wrinkles wrote:Spotting scope with webcam. Use it at service rifle matches.

Shack on top the peak where arrow is.

That is both clever and impressive :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Moby

Post by Moby »

I was an EMT in the Coast Guard.
As a CHL holder (hopefully not) but anyone of us could be involved in a shooting where someone is hit.
Never hurts to have this kind of stuff around. I keep this in my truck. Anyone else keep a kit for emergencies?
:fire

A couple bandana's and and some guaze wraps and I can stop most bleeds.

This bag also has a center zipper compartment for a small to midsize handgun.
I don't carry the bag, it's usually in my truck, my weapon is always on me.
My wonderful 13 year old daughter calls it my man purse. I love kids.

Isreali Bandages

This stuff will stop a very serious bleed. It's called Celox. Used in battlefield situations.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Our first couple of attempts at cooking in DIY solar ovens. When we tested them, we got one up to 320F, and the other to 350F.

Tried some bran muffins in one.

They came out perfect. Nice and moist.
(And no, I did not shoot my muffin). :lol:

Did brownies next.

They were awesome.

Next, I think we are going to try a roast.

Nano
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Nano »

While we are waiting on the extended mags to show up for the Beretta Nano I modified 2 mags the same way JayHutch did. These extensions are from Pearce Grips and are for the Taurus TCP. The modification did not take very long. I sure do like the way the mag extension feels. Can't wait to try it out at the range.
Align the Pearce extension with the front of the Nano mag base plate as shown. Align both sides. A piece of tape on each side helps hold the parts together while you use a #25 drill bit through the Nano base plate to put a deep mark on the Pearce extension. Remove the tape. I used a drill press with a small block to level the Pearce extension while I drilled the hole with the #25 bit.
The depth of the Pearce extension must be reduced 0.125" around the rim. This will give an inside depth of approximately 0.10". This will match the old base plate so that the mag can be snapped into the Nano. I tried the oscillating sander method but I could tell it was going to take me until next week to remove that much tough plastic. I used the side of a 6" bench mounted grinder to remove the material a little at a time while continuously checking the depth with a digital caliper. Good luck.Image
NRA Member

Pawpaw40

Post by Pawpaw40 »

This is my new storage area for long guns.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

I made two target stands out of 2x4s. I used a 1x3 (because it's cheap and likely to get shot up at times) as spacers and the bracket to hold the targets. I then used some bolts and wing nuts to put the top together. This way I can disassemble the part that holds the target for transport. I spaced it so it will hold a B27 target with the head at head height. I also drilled another set of holes for smaller targets. The only problem is I need to make the legs on the ground longer. The targets will act like a sail and knock the stand over if its too windy.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

I had trouble adding the pictures. It keeps saying the picture is too large and is over the size limit and I don't do photobucket or any of the others.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Moby wrote:I was an EMT in the Coast Guard.
As a CHL holder (hopefully not) but anyone of us could be involved in a shooting where someone is hit.
Never hurts to have this kind of stuff around. I keep this in my truck. Anyone else keep a kit for emergencies?

[ Image ]

Isreali Bandages

[ Image ]

This stuff will stop a very serious bleed. It's called Celox. Used in battlefield situations.

[ Image ]

I have a very similar set up in my truck... However it is a combo mini trauma kit and mini diaper bag...it's a slightly larger bag than yours I believe.(5.11 MOAB rush 10) with a glock 27 in the hidden compartment, main compartment contains about 10 diapers, a travel pack of wet wipes, butt paste, hand sanitizer, and room for a small soft side insulated lunch bag(for bottles/formula etc) and a poop bag from the local pet store for dirty diapers. The smaller outside pouch contains a package of quikclot gauze, 30 feet of duct tape(wrapped around a golf pencil), latex gloves, 15 feet of 550 cord, utility shears, and 4 maxi pads.

It serves multiple functions and holds all the same things as my wife's diaper bag and then some(I just changed it from a first aid/ survival/ mini bug out to a diaper bag combo.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

jdhz28

Post by jdhz28 »

Moby wrote:I was an EMT in the Coast Guard.

[ Image ]

Isreali Bandages

I too have a similar bag in my truck, but I don't use Celox. I use Quick Clot. I read a little about Celox and it is made from chitosan, which is basically from shell fish. It would be my luck I would try to save someones life and they end up having a shellfish allergy and go into anaphylactic shock...then sue me later! LOL. No I wasn't sure if that was possible so I went with the other one.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Bear67

Post by Bear67 »

I had been needing a easily moved range table for years and when it was raining a couple of weeks ago, I spent quality time in the shop and built this. It uses scrap tubing out of my "spare parts repository" and I only had to buy one 2x8 CCA treated board. I used 2 old lawn mower wheels for the front and put a pivot on a piece of 1" tubing where you can swing 2 handles up in the rear and "wheelbarrow" it up and down the range. It will stand the weather fine. I built it with only a right hand angle, but today we mounted a couple of scopes and my wrong handed friend (left handed) just turned the table to the right angle. The stool is sucker rod, washers on bottom and is a cultivator seat off of a Minneapolis Moline implement and it swivels 360.
Attachments
Range table-1.JPG
Range table-2.JPG
"A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

God Bless America

sooperdooper

Post by sooperdooper »

Building a general workspace desk. Computer, cleaning, reloading, etc... It's still in progress:

46 days MB to MB

Hex Tactical

Post by Hex Tactical »

Like that Gun rack...simple, but perfect!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”