Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 2

Rented a Glock 19

Post by knotquiteawake »

And it was love at first trigger pull.
I've used the .40 glocks before and they were pretty good too.
But nothing I've ever fired was quite like the feel of the compact 9mm in my hand. I had nearly perfect groups on the first try (and I'm no marksman). I just loved the sight picture and trigger break. This is definitely going to be the next handgun I buy.

Do any of you guys see these things go used very often, I've only 1/2 way had my eye out for one used but never seen one yet (who in their right mind would sell one!).

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rented a Glock 19

Post by Keith B »

knotquiteawake wrote:And it was love at first trigger pull.
I've used the .40 glocks before and they were pretty good too.
But nothing I've ever fired was quite like the feel of the compact 9mm in my hand. I had nearly perfect groups on the first try (and I'm no marksman). I just loved the sight picture and trigger break. This is definitely going to be the next handgun I buy.

Do any of you guys see these things go used very often, I've only 1/2 way had my eye out for one used but never seen one yet (who in their right mind would sell one!).
Glock 19's are hard to find used. As you mentioned, most folks don't want to sell them, but when they do, they either want new prices for them or they get snatched up quickly. I would keep an eye on http://www.texasguntrader.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and if you see one show up for a fair price, grab it. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

I just got one myself...and you're right, I'm not looking to sell anytime soon. :biggrinjester:

Gt distributers in Austin has trade ins every once and a while. Don't know if it's just 17s or 19s too. Can't hurt to call and ask.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

All of the police trade-ins I have seen are the 17s (or whatever the full size .40s are as well). I really like the 19 because the slightly smaller size means it can function more easily as a concealed carry option for me.

cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

check out the glocktalk forum's classified section. I picked up a gen 3 g19 police trade in a while back from someone in virginia.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I love my 19--and have a 26 also. I use the 26 when I'm carrying on body--the 19 when in my purse. And neither of them are going anywhere!!!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

I have a gen 2 19. if an offer comes thats fair for an real gen 2 with import proofmarks and all orig packing I would be inclined... that said Ive not really ever tried to find it a new home as I dont know what I would replace it with.
really want a surprise go find a 26 to try. even better imo.

katmandu

Post by katmandu »

I just bought a new Gen 4 G19 last Saturday :anamatedbanana

Took it to the range Tuesday, 150 rounds, no issues. Evenly split between Magtech & Winchester 115 gr FMJ, Winchester 147 gr JHP.

This is my new EDC

I liked the G26 too, but a bit too small for me to shoot comfortably.

I don't think I'll be selling it any time soon. :cool:

Tow2500

Post by Tow2500 »

I believe that will be my next handgun purchase then I will have glocks of all sizes.

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Careful--Glocks are an addiction!
I have three of the four 9mm glocks.

I chose the 26 (sub-compact) for carry. Note in the picture I have both the standard magazine, and one with a +2 extension for pinky coverage when shooting.
I chose the 17 (full size) (this is actually a 17 RTF, or Rough Textured Frame) because the grips feel nice, and it is a great standard frame gun.
I chose the 34 (extended slide) for IDPA because it has several advanced features stock: adjustable sights, extended slide and mag release, ported slide, and longer barrel.
* Also pictured is my first Glock, the 22, which is the full size .40. Honestly, I'm not a fan of .40, but the gun has sentimental value being from my father.
I am only missing the 19, which I cant really justify when I have the 26 and the 17. I guess technically they make a "17L" which is really just a slightly longer model 34...

NRA Member

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Keith B wrote:Glock 19's are hard to find used. As you mentioned, most folks don't want to sell them, but when they do, they either want new prices for them or they get snatched up quickly.
With the problems the Gen4 guns had, it may be the case where a used Gen1-Gen3 is worth more than a Gen4 to many people.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Vandelay Ind.

Post by Vandelay Ind. »

I want a G19 too. Then I would have the 3 standard frame 9mms. It feels the best to me in hand, yet I don't have it. Stupid :banghead:
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli -George Costanza

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

74novaman wrote:I just got one myself...and you're right, I'm not looking to sell anytime soon. :biggrinjester:

Gt distributers in Austin has trade ins every once and a while. Don't know if it's just 17s or 19s too. Can't hurt to call and ask.
My wife has a G19, and I'm looking to pick up another one. Used is fine. We are going to put them in our go-bags for reasons of weight, capacity, standardization, and that an extra box of 100 rounds of 9mm weighs less than a box of 100 rounds of .45.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

The 19 is what made me want a Glock - a buddy of mine carried one for quite a few years and It was the first Glock I shot. Unfortunately I couldn't find one locally when I was ready to make my purchase, so I ended up going with a 17 (which I love - its now my fulltime daily carry). I still want a 19, but I'm planning on getting a 26 next as it fits my hand perfectly.

And what, no one has posted saying that we need to repent and say three dozen encantations to JMB for our herecy? Hehehe :smilelol5:

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

CEOofEVIL wrote: And what, no one has posted saying that we need to repent and say three dozen encantations to JMB for our herecy? Hehehe :smilelol5:

That's 'cause we all HAVE Glocks and they don't want to show their jealousy!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”