Back Up Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Back Up Gun

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

My BUG is my Rossi .357, but loaded with .38 Specials since it normally rides in my
seat belt holster, and if I ever had to fire it from the driver's seat a .357 would be too stout
to shoot with one hand.

Since my primary is having FTF issues, and I haven't sent it back to Taurus yet, sometimes I remove
the revolver from the seatbelt holster and carry it IWB at 11 o'clock, while the Taurus is in the right front
pants pocket, or riding in an OWB at 4 o'clock.

Eventually I plan on getting a fulltime ONBODY BUG, and I am leaning towards a Taurus 7 round revolver, in
either .38 Special or .357. It's a snubbie, so it could also ride in a pocket. Since I could use 2 hands to
shoot it, if it was carried onbody, I'd be more inclined to go with the .357 version.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

At times I've carried a 5 shot .357 on the ankle and a 1911 IWB.

When I get around to getting a glock 26 to compliment my 19 I might try either pocket or ankle carrying the 26 on the weak side, 19 strong side waist carry.
TANSTAAFL

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Ruger LCP in right front pocket holster. Primary is a double-stack 1911.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

S&W MP340 in the boot.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

.38 special S&W snub in front pocket or on the ankle in the winter. Soon to have a Kel tec p32 for when I work out and need something very small and light when just wearing a t shirt and gym shorts.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Serious question for those that pocket carry...where do you put the stuff you'd normally have in that pocket? My right front has my wallet and a flashlight (I'm a mechanic, can't stand not to have one)...my left front has my keys and pocket knife...and I never keep anything in my back pockets (habit from Special Ops C-130 days, pickpocket prevention)...and I've already got several things on my belt as it is: EDC pistol, spare magazine, multitool, EDC knife, and cell phone. Feels like I'm just out of space. :???:

Kiowa Scout
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kiowa Scout »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Serious question for those that pocket carry...where do you put the stuff you'd normally have in that pocket? My right front has my wallet and a flashlight (I'm a mechanic, can't stand not to have one)...my left front has my keys and pocket knife...and I never keep anything in my back pockets (habit from Special Ops C-130 days, pickpocket prevention)...and I've already got several things on my belt as it is: EDC pistol, spare magazine, multitool, EDC knife, and cell phone. Feels like I'm just out of space. :???:
I'm left-handed, so my BUG rides in my right front pocket. My wallet and keys are in my left front pocket with a spare mag. In my right back pocket is a clip knife and a flashlight with a clip on it. I also carry a pen light clipped to my shirt next to my pen. If I'm wearing cargo pants, which I do quite frequently, I move stuff down to the lower pockets. I do also move the wallet to chest pocket of shirt if necessary. I too carry a bunch of gear on my belt. Pretty much the same gear as you.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

I think we have different ideas on this.....

I would go to a Back Up Gun because my primary failed to do the job so my BUG of choice is....

A Deagle in 50AE :reddevil
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”