Cigar boxes.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cigar boxes.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

lucyxue wrote:Image
the gun looks so cool! but in many countries, private people do not permit own it! :tiphat:
This is Texas, where private people would ask, "you've only got one?" :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

gemini wrote:Your friend did a good job. Cigar box guitars have been/are real popular these days.
Lots of room to "customize" and each is different. Did you get a chance to play it?
No, I never did get a chance to play it....but then I'm a lefty, and I don't try to play most of my friends' guitars. I have, however, played with him when he was playing it. He had deliberately used kind of primitive electronics in it, and it didn't lend itself well to worship music—which is what we were rehearsing at the time—and he put it away and unlimbered another guitar.

Anyway, I apologize for the thread hijack. I love old cigar boxes, and the ones in the OP reminded me of the guitar. I would have far more use for one as a display case of some kind, but my favorite use is on top of a dresser, to put keepsakes in.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
stroguy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stroguy »

lucyxue wrote:Image
the gun looks so cool! but in many countries, private people do not permit own it! :tiphat:
Like Kalifornia?

Got my LCP her hiding spot done last night.

Topic author
stroguy

Post by stroguy »

TAM, you are not thread jacking. Title says 'Cigar boxes'. That's a a free and open statement. I think those geetars are awesome.

TLE2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLE2 »

Are those cigar boxes or humidors in which cigars are sometimes sold? I ask because the only cigar boxes I ever see are cardboard, like the last one posted.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Cigar boxes also make a perfect practice tool for IDPA. I used to have a terrible time getting my Glock out of the box before a friend included my Christmas gift in a cigar box :coolgleamA:
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

TLE2 wrote:Are those cigar boxes or humidors in which cigars are sometimes sold? I ask because the only cigar boxes I ever see are cardboard, like the last one posted.
Cigar boxes come in cardboard and sometimes wood.
NRA Endowment Member

cbucher

Post by cbucher »

I liked this idea so much I had to make a trip to the local smoke shop. I found 8 boxes for a total of 8 bucks. Picked up a couple of cigars too to try out.
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. – The Dalai Lama

Topic author
stroguy

Post by stroguy »

TLE2 wrote:Are those cigar boxes or humidors in which cigars are sometimes sold? I ask because the only cigar boxes I ever see are cardboard, like the last one posted.
They are boxes, but can be a humidor if you throw in the little humidifier unit. These are boxes that new cigars are sold in. eBay has so many I was amazed. Must be a hobby. Only problem is finding them large enough for a large revolver.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

If you're in the Clear Lake area, stop by "The Smoke Ring" - located on Highway 3 between Bay Area Blvd and Medical Center.

They have tons of leftover cigar boxes available. They charge $3.00 a box, but if you're a regular there they'll give em to you... The mix of folks is rather eclectic ranging from bank presidents, astronauts, symphony conductors to blue collar guys.

They also have a large humidor stocked with a wide range of fine, hand rolled cigars ranging in price from very affordable to sky high. Plus, 12 large leather easy chairs, free coffee, a 62" HD t.v. for sporting events and a bunch of regulars who go there for cigar smoking and camaraderie.

And, no I don't work there - just like the place.

Oh yeah, there's a "Smoke Ring" cigar shop in Sugarland too.

couzin

Post by couzin »

stroguy wrote:Stumbling around eBay one day I found myself in the used cigar box isle and bought a couple to make better cases for my pistols when I am not carrying them.
This is a great idea! Esp for hiding in plain sight!
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”