Beretta PX4 sub compact

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RockingRook
Posts in topic: 3

Beretta PX4 sub compact

Post by RockingRook »

Hi!! I have a PX4 Sub Compact in 9MM. Except for the extra care needed to strip and clean the gun I like the way it feels
and how easy it is to conceal and carry.

I have put about 500 rds or so through the gun thus far and have never had any malfunction with multiple brands of ammo.

Problem is this!! I have been shooting about 10-12 inches low at 7 yds. This is consistent!! I initially figured it was me
so I continued to practice squeeze, sight of aim etc. The gun consistently shoots low.

I got on the net and found numerous posts about this same gun shooting low.

I went to the range yesterday and fired about 150 rds and again at first I was shooting low.

I began to sight with the front post a little higher than I usually have it. Instead of even with the rear sight
I put the front post just a bit higher than the rear sight. The gun was then shooting within the black.
I continued to shoot like this and the shot grouping was in the black, consistently.

I came to the conclusion that the front post was too high. What do you suggest I do? Put new sights, have a smith
file the post down or just practice as is and learn to shoot it the way it is?

Chuck :cheers2:
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Beretta PX4 sub compact

Post by WildBill »

How are you aiming? At the point of impact or six o'clock of the bullseye?

I have the same issue. Most of my training has be with bullseye targets so I was taught to align the sights underneath the black rather than the center.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

With all my pistols I put the front post directly in the center of the rear posts and the top of the front post is
level with the rear.

I guess that is point of impact.

I put the center of the bullseye atop the posts. With my other pistols this should be right on. With
the Beretta it shoots low.

If I was aiming six o'clock of the bullseye the shot would probably be in the target's foot if it had a foot. :lol:

So I put the front post directly in between the rear posts but I have the front instead of level it is higher.
This brought the shot group up into the Black.

Kind of hard for me to explain but I hope you understand what I am saying. It acts as if the front
post is too high or too long whatever the word. If it were shorter I could aim like I do with my other pistols.

I saw a bunch of people complaining that the gun shoots low so I tried adjusting by bringing the front post in high.

I guess I could get used to shooting like that but it is so different from my others that if I needed to use it I would have
to remember instead of instinctively aiming and shooting.

BTW, do you have any problems with field stripping the gun to clean? Have you had the takedown pin come completely out?
It is not supposed to be taken out and it is very difficult for me to feel or hear that second click.

Chuck :cheers2:
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

RockingRook wrote:BTW, do you have any problems with field stripping the gun to clean? Have you had the takedown pin come completely out?
It is not supposed to be taken out and it is very difficult for me to feel or hear that second click. Chuck :cheers2:
I haven't had any issues. This video helped me 2:52 mins:
[youtube][/youtube]
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

Thanks!!

Chuck

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”