Post Pardum Pistol Purchase...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post Pardum Pistol Purchase...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Well a good friend and co-worker of mine is very close to adding another bundle of sleepless nights and years of joy to their lives sometime this weekend...

He also has been the one, who has done a lot of research and study on what he considers a serious issue and thats his first pistol purchase...

He's pretty much sold on the M&P .40's, and I figure this weekend which may be just after they induce the labor and have the child, he's ready to go to Pasadena and get a gunshow deal on one...

I just thought it was kinda funny, yet not sure if anyone else has heard if anyone else having celebrated a birth and gone out and bought a firearm...

Stranger things I assume have happened, but then again I can be very strange...

Thought y'all would enjoy the story...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Will938
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Will938 »

Tell him to buy a nice knife or something the day his kid is born, so he can put it away and forget about it until he turns 18.

My dad did that for me, and it ment a lot...but I didn't know about it/get it until I was 21, lol.

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Will938 wrote:Tell him to buy a nice knife or something the day his kid is born, so he can put it away and forget about it until he turns 18.

My dad did that for me, and it ment a lot...but I didn't know about it/get it until I was 21, lol.
Well from what I hear, it'll be a boy...So stowing away a "Texas Toothpick" might be kinda neat...

He just sold a dirt-bike and has about $950 buring a hole in his pocket for the last couple of weeks...And has been looking forward to this weekend to go out and see what kind of deal he can get...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Big Calhoun

Post by Big Calhoun »

I'm actually planning a pre pardum purchase. Kid should be here in June so I think I'm going to put a HP USP Compact .45 on layaway. Got cribs, changing tables, and wave machines to buy and stuff.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Can I use that for grandkids as well? If so I'm about 4 behind and need to catch up.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

barres

Re: Post Pardum Pistol Purchase...

Post by barres »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I just thought it was kinda funny, yet not sure if anyone else has heard if anyone else having celebrated a birth and gone out and bought a firearm...

I didn't go out and buy a gun to celebrate the birth of either of my two sons, but the pending arrival of the second made me realize how precious they are to me, so I applied for my CHL. Got it a few days before Father's Day, too.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

JohnTheHead

Re: Post Pardum Pistol Purchase...

Post by JohnTheHead »

barres wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:I just thought it was kinda funny, yet not sure if anyone else has heard if anyone else having celebrated a birth and gone out and bought a firearm...

I didn't go out and buy a gun to celebrate the birth of either of my two sons, but the pending arrival of the second made me realize how precious they are to me, so I applied for my CHL. Got it a few days before Father's Day, too.
In all seriousness, I find that kind of heartwarming...

Trope

Post by Trope »

I planted an oak tree when my son was born. I like the knife idea, though.

I did get (and would recommend) a good handgun safe at the time.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”