Red-Dot Scope Suggestions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Red-Dot Scope Suggestions

Post by Teamless »

I am looking for a new red-dot or green dot (or dual) scope, and really do not know much about them.
I would like one with some magnification to it, not just a 1 or 2 power scope, and this will only be used on a .22 caliber rifle, so I am not looking to spend a whole lot on it.
I can say that my current rifle has this scope on it (manufacturer unknown btw) " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but I would like one a bit better and with more magnification on it.

Your suggestions and recommendations are appreciated!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

jamisjockey

Re: Red-Dot Scope Suggestions

Post by jamisjockey »

Red dot's don't traditionally have magnification.

I have a bushnell on my AR and its a great red dot.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Vortex Strikefire.........has a red/green dot capability, has a 2X magnifier which can be threaded onto the ocular lens, and is even night vision compatible.

$169.99 at Cabelas. You may be able to find it for less if you hunt around, but that seems to be the going rate. We had one on my wife's AR carbine for a while. It works as advertised. After we transferred my EOTech to her carbine, I mounted the Strikefire onto my .22LR M&P15-22. It's perfect for a .22.

But if you're looking for more magnification than 2X and you want a red dot that can change colors, you're starting to leave the realm of "cheap" scopes.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Twincannons

Post by Twincannons »

Primary Arms has a deal on the Vortex Strikefire with a 3x magnifier with free shipping I think. https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_Optics_s/587.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XDSConcealer

Post by XDSConcealer »

Twincannons wrote:Primary Arms has a deal on the Vortex Strikefire with a 3x magnifier with free shipping I think. https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_Optics_s/587.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just bought a Strikefire and a Vortex 3x magnifier from PA this week. I have never seen such fast shipping. Ordered it and had it the next day. Big :thumbs2: for PA. I've heard good things about the Strikefire and the price is reasonable.
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”