Sig P238 owners

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JeepGuy79
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sig P238 owners

Post by JeepGuy79 »

I have 700rds + thru mine it had one FTF and one FTE so long ago I forgot almost. I carry it all the time in a supertuck. I dropped the trigger from 10.5lbs to 4 and it made it a much better shooting gun. I wish I could carry my p226 but this little sig fits every day clothes and its a sig. they work

BioGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BioGuy »

Quick update:

I contacted Sig and they gave me a shipping label to return it for repairs. The label is valid for 30 days.

I contacted S&W about the P99 via email last night and am awaiting a response. I am hoping that since I sent them a photo of the problem they will offer to just ship the new spring assembly to me for free, or for a small cost. Then I can wait for that to arrive, throw it in the P99, test it, and carry that while I send the Sig in for a repair.

I do not think I am limpwristing it. I have been shooting my entire life and owned a Colt Mustang Pockelite, which is essentially the precursor to the 238 that did not have these issues. I also have not had any issues with any other handguns I fire. I will be shooting on Christmas Eve so I will see how she handles some more FMJ rounds then.

Thanks,
Joel
9/12/12: App filed online
9/20: Fingerprinted
10/27: CHL course
10/29: Paperwork mailed
11/15: Status updated online, Background check under review
11/23: Background passed, Manufacturing
11/29: License Mailed!
12/12: Plastic in Hand!

Sig P238 Scorpion, Sig P938 Black/Black

blwill

Post by blwill »

I have carried my P238 Equinox since May and have had no FTF's or FTE's. It's a great little EDC gun, especially easy to conceal when it gets so hot around here. I would prefer to carry my P226 but it's a little more dificult to conceal.
Received License - 5/16/2011
NRA Life / TSRA Life

Topic author
CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 14

Post by CoffeeNut »

blwill wrote:I have carried my P238 Equinox since May and have had no FTF's or FTE's. It's a great little EDC gun, especially easy to conceal when it gets so hot around here. I would prefer to carry my P226 but it's a little more dificult to conceal.
The heat issue is exactly why I picked it over a Glock and I'm glad I did. I will say that mine tends to target my forehead with brass on occasion which was funny at first but can be rather annoying. In the event I ever need to defend myself I hope the brass doesn't put my eye out.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

BioGuy

Post by BioGuy »

I heard back from S&W on the P99 and it was not promising:
Hello, we no longer have that part available, Umarex will be taking over the P99 product line as of January 1st 2013 you will be able to contact them for parts and service on that model.

Paul Gazda
Customer Service
I guess now I have to wait to see how much Umarex will charge me for this part.
:bigmouth
Dangit!

Joel

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Thought I'd post a new picture since I replaced the grips on mine with some Rosewood beauties.
Attachments
rsz_imag0767edit.jpg

BioGuy

Post by BioGuy »

I sent my P238 off to the factory for warranty service. It arrived just last week and they contacted me today saying they will be replacing the gun at no cost to me. I contacted a local FFL, which charges $35 for transfers, and they sent in their info to Sig. I let the representative at Sig know about the transfer fee and he promised to send me a store credit for the transfer fee amount if I sent him a receipt of the fees. The Customer Service was very good and I am happy with how it turned out.

I love my brand new P938. It has not malfunctioned once and shoots well. It is only slightly larger than the P238 and fits into the same holster. It is not noticeably different when carrying in size or weight. I "forget" it is there as it is comfortable in an IWB holster.

So everything turned out well.

Love Sig Sauer.

BioGuy

Post by BioGuy »

CoffeeNut, those grips are very nice. I like the look!

Joel

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

If you are not talking about warranty work, the best way to perfect a Sig is to send it to Bruce Gray http://grayguns.com/. He is also a master shooter, on various factory teams. I've had my pistol to him for trigger work and so forth and he is excellent, so excellent that his lead times are starting to get a bit long, but if that isn't an obstacle, I recommend him very highly.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

BioGuy wrote:CoffeeNut, those grips are very nice. I like the look!

Joel
Thanks! I liked the original grips but I'm never going back to them after slapping the new ones on.

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

BioGuy wrote:I sent my P238 off to the factory for warranty service. It arrived just last week and they contacted me today saying they will be replacing the gun at no cost to me. I contacted a local FFL, which charges $35 for transfers, and they sent in their info to Sig. I let the representative at Sig know about the transfer fee and he promised to send me a store credit for the transfer fee amount if I sent him a receipt of the fees. The Customer Service was very good and I am happy with how it turned out.

I love my brand new P938. It has not malfunctioned once and shoots well. It is only slightly larger than the P238 and fits into the same holster. It is not noticeably different when carrying in size or weight. I "forget" it is there as it is comfortable in an IWB holster.

So everything turned out well.

Love Sig Sauer.
That's great customer service! I'm glad to hear your 938 is running well. I've been looking at one of those myself simply because the ammo gods made 9mm cheaper than .380.

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I just ordered 2 Colt Mustang magazines for my Sig so I'll let you all know how they work out.

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

And as a bonus, they only have 7 round magazines.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

CoffeeNut wrote:I just ordered 2 Colt Mustang magazines for my Sig so I'll let you all know how they work out.
I think you will either love them or hate them. When the P238 was introduced it had the same magazine follower design as the Mustang, and it was disastrous. Due to issues, Sig has changed the magazine follower design 3 times, and finally has it right by most accounts. But as I said, they are either going to work fine for you, or they will frustrate you. Personally, I would not use a Mustang mag in a P238 carry gun, but that's just MHO. I hope you have success.

Bear67

Post by Bear67 »

My wife carries a 238 daily and has for over 2 years. I ordered 3 extra SIG magazines for it when she started carrying. But I already had a Colt Mustang in the herd and at the range we often shoot the .380 with the Colt Mags and have never had an issue in several hundred rounds. My Colt Mags are over 30 years old, but a friend who shoots with us at the farm, uses new Colt mags he got from CDDN and he has not had any problem. I suppose it is an individual pistol or mag problem.

In 2 years we have yet to have a FTE or FTF with the little SIG. My teen grandchildren like to shoot the little SIG and the boss lady likes it as an EDC, so this old man is happy.
"A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

God Bless America

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”