2013 LE6920 I'm Stoked!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

2013 LE6920 I'm Stoked!

Post by Abraham »

Walmart, this morning, had one in the 2013 LE6920 edition. I thought the price of $1097.00, though a little high, is overall not a bad price in this day and age.

Thanks for the recommendation to gigag04. I did a lot of research on this brand and model and it was tops of everyone's list.

The 2013 iteration comes without a carrying handle, PMag 30 round magazine, a sling attachment, flag, padlock and manual.

No cleaning kit.

So, need a recommendation on a cleaning kit and a chamber protector. And, if anyone knows where I can buy 30 round Pmags, I'd really appreciate that info too.

Will be buying previously recommended bolt carrier cleaning tools.

However, I may never shoot this rifle. Currently, I plan to keep it new in the box. I really want the Magpul edition and will wait awhile (as long as a year) to see if it becomes available as I think it will. If I can't find one, this one will be my shooter or even my wife's as it's about as light weight as you'll find in a stock AR. 5.7 lbs. if I recall correctly.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Thanks!!

Topic author
Abraham

Re: 2013 LE6920 I'm Stoked!

Post by Abraham »

I forgot to mention it also comes with a Magpul MBUS.

I wonder how many folks don't add optics and simply use the iron sights...?

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

Now all you have to do is find ammo for it that a local range will let you shoot. Not as easy as you would think....
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

congrats!! :hurry:

I have an older LE6920 and a 2013 6920 magpul. love them both. the MP version is like yours with some magpul goodies already on it. The flip sights are nice, but somehow an aimpoint PRO ended up mounted on the dang thing ;-)

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

baldeagle,

Not a problem as to the range - I have one in my back yard.

Ammo is not currently a problem either (yet) as I mentioned I really want the Magpul edition and will be learning about the care and feeding of my AR without actually shooting it first. This will take a bit of time.

If I have to throw in the towel on the Magpul edition, I will then start shooting the one I now have, although my wife is looking at with greedy eyes... She was on her high school rifle team and is still a good shot.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Don't go overkill with chamber protector, and keeping it perfect and unfired. There are so many 6920s out there that they aren't rare, and made to be shot. ENJOY IT. Sub $1100 is a fine price. My recommendation is you find used magpul furniture in your color choice and throw it on. Then buy a BCM middy instead doubling down with 6920s or spend the money on glass. My cleaning kit is some plastic picks, brushes, and a bore snake.

:fire
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Ericstac,

Thanks!

I think I'll eventually be putting a 1-4 scope on the Magpul edition I hope to get.

I guess the front iron sight can't be easily removed on any 6920 thus requiring a rather high optic mounting.

If I'm right, I wonder if that higher mounting than most scopes have to be mounted is in any way problematic?

gigag04,

Thanks for the advice - I'll be looking.

I'm embarrassed to admit I have no clue what a BCM middy is?

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Congrats, I think you've made a fine choice. I have the 6920 MagPul edition and I like it quite a bit. Magazine availability seems to be getting better online. CDNN has some all the time it seems though not PMags. A buddy of mine runs a shop in Florida called Lawful Defense Guns and Transfers and they've had good PMag availability lately.

Abraham, another option on optics is to mount something you can co-witness with the sights.

My recommendation for a cleaning kit is one of the kits made by Otis. I very much like their method of cleaning rifles and use it exclusively with my long arms. Not that my ringing endorsement means squat but there you have it. :lol:
Psalm 91:2

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Congratulations on a fine purchase.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Wes

Post by Wes »

Very nice indeed, but I wouldn't wait for a different one. Just grab you the magpul parts you want and swap them out yourself. The stock pops off in about 2 seconds, the grip has only one screw, and the handguard just pulls off in two parts once you release the delta ring (collar that holds it on). You could swap it all out in 30 minutes (eBay even has packages). I also agree with not worrying about raising the scope, just align it with the front site and cowitness, it will work just fine.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Live Free

Post by Live Free »

Abraham wrote:I'm embarrassed to admit I have no clue what a BCM middy is?
BCM = Bravo Company Manufacturing. They manufacture quality duty weapons focusing on the AR15 platform in 5.56mm. Their webstore is Bravo Company USA.

Middy = slang for an Upper Receiver Group utilizing a Mid Length Gas system, often in 16" barrel length. see BCM Middy

enjoy your Colt.
-be free

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Live Free,

Thanks for the info.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Just a warning...watch out for Black Rifle Disease. They tend to want to multiply. :???:
Psalm 91:2

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

Congrats. :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”