Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
old farmer
Posts in topic: 2

Texas police can sell guns.

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:

I was reading a free copy of The New York Times at Starbucks. My eye caught this http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/us/un ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is news to me.
:txflag:
God Bliss America.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas police can sell guns.

Post by puma guy »

old farmer wrote::tiphat:

I was reading a free copy of The New York Times at Starbucks. My eye caught this http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/us/un ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is news to me.
:txflag:
The bill was passed in the last session.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
old farmer

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
Where can I find information on the sale of the weapons? Who is selling the weapons ? Does the law require the selling of weapons to the public or is this a closed sale to local police and dealers?
:headscratch
God Bliss America.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Where can I find information on the sale of the weapons? Who is selling the weapons ? Does the law require the selling of weapons to the public or is this a closed sale to local police and dealers?
I believe the intent was that the sale would be from police to dealers.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

It would be a county auction and some depts would sell them at the same time as they would sell cars or other property but in any case it would be a county by county decision. The new law would allow them to take the guns and just sell them to a FFL.

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Interesting. I can see how it'll be beneficial if the weapons are of any value, but to blindly say "omg, we're not going to put evil guns back on the street that committed crimes" seems stupid. It wasn't the gun that was committing the crime it was the perpetrator.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

LAYGO wrote:Interesting. I can see how it'll be beneficial if the weapons are of any value, but to blindly say "omg, we're not going to put evil guns back on the street that committed crimes" seems stupid. It wasn't the gun that was committing the crime it was the perpetrator.
In general I would agree but I can also see why a large city wouldn't want a large number of cheap crappy guns out there. While only a few should make it into the hands of bg's, if you don't make much then it isn't worth it.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

TABC has long auctioned their unused and seized firearms. They have a contract to put them all on gunbroker.com. I don't remember the name of the company they use, but if you search my old posts from 2006-2009 I am sure I posted it once when we auctioned off the old S&W 4006s.

This company did a lot of public property auctions of property other than firearms also. I am sure you will see more of them getting contracts to auction firearms.
Steve Rothstein

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

srothstein wrote:TABC has long auctioned their unused and seized firearms. They have a contract to put them all on gunbroker.com. I don't remember the name of the company they use, but if you search my old posts from 2006-2009 I am sure I posted it once when we auctioned off the old S&W 4006s.

This company did a lot of public property auctions of property other than firearms also. I am sure you will see more of them getting contracts to auction firearms.
Renebates?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I found it. CDN Systems, Gunbroker seller name cdnsystems.

Their website looks like it has changed a bit, but it has been a couple years since I looked at it. Checking gunbroker.com shows that they do not have any current listings. Between these two points, I am not sure if they still sell guns for police departments or not.
Steve Rothstein

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

LAYGO wrote:Interesting. I can see how it'll be beneficial if the weapons are of any value, but to blindly say "omg, we're not going to put evil guns back on the street that committed crimes" seems stupid. It wasn't the gun that was committing the crime it was the perpetrator.
They put the criminals back on the street,why not pardon the guns too,I wouldn't have a problem with them melting down jennings or davis or cobra junk,but if a nice python or 1911 or sweet shotgun came up then they should give it a reprieve,besides somebody may lock it up so it won't be hanging around and pot metal junk and get into trouble again
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”