CITADEL FIREARMS

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: CITADEL FIREARMS

Post by Oldgringo »

Pawpaw wrote:Thank you. Now I understand your viewpoint. I don't agree with it, but that was never a requirement. ;-)

Machines fail. It happens. I seriously doubt you could find a single firearm maker that hasn't had some failures that put the gun out of commission, or worse. Kimber frequently gets a bad rap from some for that reason, as even does Glock.
I've handled, not shot, both. It's my understanding that the Citadel is a Buick whereas the RIA is a Chevrolet....I dunno'?

Frankie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frankie »

I own a Citadel 1911 in 9mm. I have had exactly zero issues in the year or so live owned it. If I have a complaint about it I would say, it's heavy! That's a down side for CC but a plus side for felt recoil. Oh, and since taking it out the box and cleaning it, it's been a great shooter and very accurate.
I just purchased a Sig 1911 two tone 5" in .45acp yesterday, it's purdee and I can't wait to take it to the range but, the Citadel will go too as I very much enjoy shooting it!
Your experience may very!

68Charger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 68Charger »

I believe they're all made in the Philippines. Heard from 1911 forums that they're a good bargain. A bit heavy, but go bang every time and with a lot of various types of ammo (according to them). I was considering one awhile back, but got a STI Spartan III instead. I did extensive research when considering a 9mm 1911 in 3". For $599, check out a STI Spartan out before you bite the bullet. They run for about $29-$39 more at gun shows.

Those Citadels have gone up in price. I remember Academy was selling them $100 cheaper ($499) this same time last year.
We don't need no stinking badges!

Topic author
Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

Thanks for the advise everyone. I didn't think about STI. I'll give them a look.

Pete
CHL since 01/26/09

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”