finger dragging trigger guard?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
asbandr
Posts in topic: 3

finger dragging trigger guard?

Post by asbandr »

I got to shoot a Glock 42 this weekend and loved it. I'm actually considering it as my next gun and hope to make it my edc. The grip felt great, recoil manageable similar to my sig p238, and accuracy was great. My only problem is that when I pulled the trigger and broke the shot, the edge of my finger would drag the trigger guard. After a few dozen rounds it got a bit uncomfortable. I tried adjusting to be sure I had proper grip and finger placement on the trigger, but no matter what I did, same result. I was still getting off accurate shots. What could be causing this and how can I resolve the issue of I do decide to get the gun?
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: finger dragging trigger guard?

Post by RetNavy »

i have the same problem with my LCP... but only with my right hand.... tried a couple of different positions but the only solution i found for me is shooting it left handed... guess my right hand is slighter bigger than my left.... have a couple of magazines with the extend grips but that haven't improved shooting right handed... so been training to shoot left handed with that weapon
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

I may have to try that. My keltec is the same way, but I always chocked it up to the heavy trigger pull and recoil. Oh well. I guess I'll still try the glock again, I really did like it.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

BigBangSmallBucks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

Are you using the tip of your index finger to squeeze the trigger? I was told by my cousin-in-law who's a LEO to shoot with the tip of the 1st digit of the index finger. I was always used to shooting with the joint between the 1st and 2nd digit of my index, not because it was intentional but simply because it's where my finger naturally fell. IDK if this will help your situation or not because it kind of hard to visualize your problem.

Edit: I Googled it and this guy might have a fix. http://youtu.be/5xaeuW8SEcE Funny I have a have a G27 and large hands and I've never experienced this problem, maybe it's because I shoot with gloves on.
Last edited by BigBangSmallBucks on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killerfly128
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by killerfly128 »

I like to call this problem ''Glockfinger''.

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

I shoot with the pad of my finger, between the tip and first joint.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RetNavy »

BigBangSmallBucks wrote:Are you using the tip of your index finger to squeeze the trigger? I was told by my cousin-in-law who's a LEO to shoot with the tip of the 1st digit of the index finger. I was always used to shooting with the joint between the 1st and 2nd digit of my index, not because it was intentional but simply because it's where my finger naturally fell. IDK if this will help your situation or not because it kind of hard to visualize your problem.

Edit: I Googled it and this guy might have a fix. http://youtu.be/5xaeuW8SEcE Funny I have a have a G27 and large hands and I've never experienced this problem, maybe it's because I shoot with gloves on.
with my right hand i tried both just the tip and the joint.... still think my problem is jsut the size of my hand and the size of the weapon, when I shoot it left handed i can us the tip of the finger no problem... next problem for me is using the left eye instead of the right :mrgreen:
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”