Vehicle Gun Safes

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vehicle Gun Safes

Post by WinoVeritas »

I use the NV300 Nano from GunVault in my two trucks (Blazer/F150) with cable. In F150 cabled to bottom driver door hinge and stored in door pocket. Blazer cabled to seat frame and carried between driver and console. Will prevent a snatch and grab is about all it will protect against and if thief carries a really good set of dikes, it's all gone or a good pry lever and the gun's gone. I use ONLY when I'm going to stow for a short period when entering a no gun facility. I'm not experienced at car burglary, but had no problems breaking lock on one Nano when combo lock failed - Gun Vault replaced under warranty. One improvement GunVault could make is to use SS aircraft cable as standard dikes cannot cut thru (I discovered this the hard way unrelated to GV cable - have a set of good dikes with perfect half-circles in opposing cutting jaws).

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

twomillenium wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 amThis looks like a sales campaign on a first post. I maybe wrong (probably not) Never seen a recognizable handgun outline through a towel laying over a gun. Just sayin.
:iagree: Unfortunately the link to report spam posts is still broken.

A lock box is not necessary to carry in a car under MPA, nor with LTC, but is a good idea for other reasons. In Texas, if you occasionally have to go somewhere that doesn't allow good guys to carry, a lockbox can reduce the risk from smash and grab theft. If you travel to other states, many don't criminalize a handgun in a locked container "other than a glove box" so a car lockbox can provide a lot of legal cover in California, for example.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

Having had a pistol stolen from the console of my F150 in 2011, I now have a Console Vault in my current F150. While nothing is foolproof, I think it is very secure AND it is quickly accessible unlike some of the cable attached devices (which I’ve used previously). Very satisfied with the Console Vault.

On a side note, I got a call from my FFL in Houston about a month ago. The ATF was inquiring about my stolen pistol from 2011. My pistol was recently recovered in another state. I had filed a police report at the time. HPD called and asked me to call them back in a month for status. Monday will be one month so I MIGHT be getting it back!
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have a Gun Vault Biometric that i keep in my bedroom. Works good so far, had it about two years with no problems. I have a smaller one in my car for those times when i must leave my weapon in my vehicle.

Allons

Post by Allons »

I got a Hornady TriPoint off of Amazon for my car. It was a little bigger than I expected, it barely fits under the seat of my car. Not bad for 30 dollars though.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Someone on this forum pointed me in the direction of: http://www.lockerdown.com/

I bought their console vault for my vehicle. Ordered it and it was here next day, installation was a breeze, and it works great!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Charlies.Contingency wrote: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 am On a second not, does anybody here have a way to properly and safely store your firearm if you're on a motorcycle? I was thinking that if I ever have to get off and go into a prohibited place, I'll have to have a locking hard box or hard saddle bag on it or something.
You figure that one out and I've got 10 grand waiting for us to open a business together.... lol

Basically impossible from everything I've considered to appropriately secure a firearm on my bike.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

spectre wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:55 pm
twomillenium wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 amThis looks like a sales campaign on a first post. I maybe wrong (probably not) Never seen a recognizable handgun outline through a towel laying over a gun. Just sayin.
:iagree: Unfortunately the link to report spam posts is still broken.

A lock box is not necessary to carry in a car under MPA, nor with LTC, but is a good idea for other reasons. In Texas, if you occasionally have to go somewhere that doesn't allow good guys to carry, a lockbox can reduce the risk from smash and grab theft. If you travel to other states, many don't criminalize a handgun in a locked container "other than a glove box" so a car lockbox can provide a lot of legal cover in California, for example.

Post has bee removed. Suspect it was SPAM.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”