Good CCW Shirts?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mmtex63
Posts in topic: 4

Good CCW Shirts?

Post by mmtex63 »

I'm not sure this is the place to post this but here it is.................what are some good brand of (nice) shirts that look good untucked and do the job when carrying?
Some of my existing shirts are way too long and look like crap and now that I'm A CHL holder Id like to dress the part too.

Thanks ya'll.

sammeow
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good CCW Shirts?

Post by sammeow »

The popular cuban style shirts called the guayabera work well.
Even Wally World sell some decent looking. Even a nice Hawaiian shirt works.
Found some at Belk too.

couzin

Post by couzin »

Tractor Supply and get some of the Carhartt or Schmidt work tees and henley's, long enough, heavy fabric, and wear extremely well.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Nicolai

Post by Nicolai »

Pricey, but well made, are the Sonoran Shirts from The Wilderness (http://www.thewilderness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Neat pocket arrangement, well-made (yes, I said that before, but they are), good fit, and interesting designs. No, I don't have any financial interest in the shop, just think they make good stuff.

Topic author
mmtex63

Post by mmtex63 »

Is anyone familiar with the Blackhawks at Bass Pro? The Sonarans look nice but maybe not $90.00 nice.......................you did mention they were pricey.

Itnkrman

Post by Itnkrman »

I went to Amazon and searched for "Camp Shirts". It's the style with square bottoms (including Hawaiin) and they generally have a breast pocket. I chose the Harriton brand and I'm extremely pleased with them. (Well made, good fit, and soft material)
Ruger SR9c
Taurus PT640 Pro
Bersa 380
Stevens 20ga.

Topic author
mmtex63

Post by mmtex63 »

Thanks for the feedback.

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

Camp shirts. Hawaiian shirts. Guayabera shirts. Bowling shirts. Anything with a square bottom and some room to move. Dark colors and prints help for concealing but it depends on the shirt. You need to try them on and see what works for you. A shirt that's perfect for me might not be for somebody a few inches taller or someone with a muffin top.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

Blackhawk and 5.11 offer shirts made for concealed carry. Try LA Police Gear for salez/clearance so they are more affordable.

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

mrvmax wrote:Blackhawk and 5.11 offer shirts made for concealed carry. Try LA Police Gear for salez/clearance so they are more affordable.
The 5.11 shirts are nice, but around $50. If you are in the Houston area, Top Brass normally has a good selection.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

I like the Woolrich discreet carry shirts.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Blackhawk and 5.11 offer shirts made for concealed carry. Try LA Police Gear for salez/clearance so they are more affordable.
The 5.11 shirts are nice, but around $50. If you are in the Houston area, Top Brass normally has a good selection.
I have never paid more than $25 for mine, I wait until they are on clearance and stock up. I even found some at Academy (they were either 5.11 or Blackhawk, I cannot remember which one).

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

There are some shirts commonly called "guide" shirts. I think they are normally associated with salt water fishing (mesh lining on the shoulders, flap in the back, short or long sleeve). Wrangelr makes them and those are available at Wal Mart. Magellan also makes them and those are available at Academy. Gander Mountain has their own brand called Guide Series. For warm weather, they are great.

For cooler weather, I don't mind wearing a button down "dress" shirt untucked even though it has tails. Of course cooler weather may also mean fleeces and jackets which make concealing easier.

Also for more casual wear, any tshirt or Henley made with heavier cloth and with enough room to conceal work well.

My two cents.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I was on a business trip earlier this week and noticed an advertisement in the airline magazine for a company named UNTUCKit.
http://untuckit.com/

The shirts that they sell are designed to be worn untucked.

Their webpage shows a wide variety of sizes and styles.

They may be a bit pricey for some, but they offer something different than a typical Hawaiian or Guayabera shirt.

I thought I would pass along the information. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

ricor

Post by ricor »

I wear Ely western shirts or Carhartt t-shirts.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”