In anticipation...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

In anticipation...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

For many years I made it clear I could go either way on the issue, and for the longest time I salivated (kidding) at the thought of purchasing a very good, high quality holster, that functioned as well as it looked...

Yeah, call me a fashionista... :lol:

I hate to say this, but a few laptops and other PC's ago, I used to have quite a few links to some really good craftsmen and women who produced holsters of this quality and function...

I know that the Mitch Rosen followers, and Galco-Bots might take difference, but I wish I had my old list...

We could have a ton of fun in this forum comparing notes and other experiences when Governor Abbott and our legislature get this done, and done in the right way...

We will still have our Concealed Carry discussions, and talk about other firearms issues, that will never change, as this site and its participants have grown into the community, and become experts on this issue in our own neck of the woods...

I may have been rather quiet over the last few years, but never far from the discussion I learned and participated in from almost the beginning this site was created...

Having been to Austin this session 4 times, and been behind the scenes working with friends I've known over the years who are the pointy end of the sword in this state, their offices are excited this particular deal is getting close to passing...

I can't think of any other way to celebrate such a serious issue than to have a little fun in expressing yourself with some really nice gun leather...

Looking at where we were ten, fifteen years ago...I believe we have been patient, cautious and hopeful our state would grow up, do this the right way, and re-invigorate, in our population a sense of pride, interest and active participation in exercising our right to keep and bear arms as we see fit...

To be a good ambassador, as I like to say for the Second Amendment, I cannot think of a better way to break the ice with people on the fence, or those who may have never thought about it before than to show we can begin to be very open at times about this right, than to show it off a little bit from time to time as the opportunity approaches...

I know, a little long winded, but I hope we can develop a section in this forum to post links to some of these providers, and craftsmen and women who can help us be those good ambassadors...

Y'all have a great day...

:tiphat:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Re: In anticipation...

Post by PBratton »

Tucker Gunleather right here in Texas.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

PBratton wrote:Tucker Gunleather right here in Texas.
Yep, keeping it real, and keeping it in Texas!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

One of my favorite leather craftsmen, and his favorite pistol is the 1911. http://jeffreycustomleather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Excellent holsters.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

DM Bullard also a Texas maker

eureka40
Posts in topic: 2

Post by eureka40 »

Got a new one coming from El Paso Saddlery. It just looks Texan.
TSRA Life Memeber

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
PBratton wrote:Tucker Gunleather right here in Texas.
Yep, keeping it real, and keeping it in Texas!!!
I am hoping to get a nice Tucker for Father's Day. I had looked at his stuff online, but when I saw it at a gun show I was sold.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sidro wrote:One of my favorite leather craftsmen, and his favorite pistol is the 1911. http://jeffreycustomleather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Excellent holsters.
Beautiful leather work. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I like Tucker Gun Leather. Bought my first and only Kydex IWB holster from Rob. Fits my 1911 like a glove.
III

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://hoppcustomleather.com/

In Missouri, not Texas, but you couldn't find a nicer guy making holsters than Eric Hopp. I've purchased two from him so far, and I'm about to place an order for a third.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Tucker Gun leather
http://www.tuckergunleather.com/the-hf1-belt-holster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

El Paso Saddlery Strongside Select

TSRA Life Memeber

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

DevilDawg wrote:DM Bullard also a Texas maker
:iagree:
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

stash

Post by stash »

I'll second DM Bullard and El Paso Saddlery.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

rentz

Post by rentz »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://hoppcustomleather.com/

In Missouri, not Texas, but you couldn't find a nicer guy making holsters than Eric Hopp. I've purchased two from him so far, and I'm about to place an order for a third.
6-8month lead-time, thats one heck of a wait

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”