Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pictures of your daily (OPEN) carry

Post by Beiruty »

DocV wrote:Would this be allowed?
[ Image ]
If you find a holster, you are good to go.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Wall
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Wall »

[ Image ]
I would say per the definition of holster that would qualify. So make sure you carry a copy of Websters dictionary with you. :lol:

hol·ster
ˈhōlstər/
noun
noun: holster; plural noun: holsters

a holder for carrying a handgun or other firearm, typically made of leather and worn on a belt or under the arm.
"the Luger slid easily from the holster"

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

I've OWB'd concealed since Texas relaxed their "accidental" exposure. So I have various OWB holsters for all my pistols and will continue to carry OWB concealed even with the new law other than when in the field, so no real change for me other than not being as circumspect about exposure after 01 JAN 16.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

216 days to acquire your OC holster, belt, and properly accessorize in order to be ready for Friday, Jan 1, 2016.

I have several OWB holsters for my Kimber CDP Pro but this historical occasion requires new leather.

I am looking at the Tucker HF-1. I really dig the Texas conch and the stampings available. I will get a new belt to match the holster.

This is going to be fun.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The tactics of concealed carry (and the social aspects, as well) make daily open carry undesirable for me.

However, I've started to think about modified concealed carry. Concealed carry with practical, but not perfect, concealment. OWB under a safari shirt on my motorcycle, where the shirt can kite up to my armpit, things like that.

I already conceal carry, IWB, under a shirt like that on my bike, but I make darn sure the shirt tail is trapped by my sadly ample butt. It will be nice not to have to worry quite so much. I'll still be coy, but less paranoid.

Rights not exercised are vulnerable to loss, so I figure I'll probably open carry in some limited situations. EDC, that's going to be completely concealed - at least from ten feet away.

Today, the question seems different. Yesterday it was an academic thing, to be analyzed but still prohibited. Now, I've softened just a smidgen on the inadvisability of open carry.

Hopefully the rest of the state will, as well.

I'm celebrating today. Normally I carry a Kahr PM9. Today, sitting here in a laundromat since my dryer got fried by lightning, I'm carrying my lovely Kimber, IWB under an untucked shirt, cocked, locked, chambered, and fully loaded - and, of course, at peace with my fellow man.

And I'm pretty sure I've got the prettiest gal at the laundromat. :lol::

I have the deepest respect for those who support the Second Amendment. They invest trust in their fellow man and that's a rising tide that makes us all safer in the dark-alley little picture, and more secure in the big picture of world politics. It's not just vaccination against tyranny, it's a deterrent to invasion, terrorism, and all manner of attack against America.

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

To all the ones saying. "I won't be OCing for this or that reason" Move along to another post. The OP asked to see yalls OC rigs. Never asked who would or not.

OP. I don't have a pic yet but will be either my G23 or G22
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Well, apologies. I figure I will open carry in some situations. I'll move on.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Chas. :smilelol5:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles - You're going to need a new hat to wear with that rig. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

mgood

Post by mgood »

Come at me, Bro!
Image Image

Ok, maybe not ;-)

When I worked in a gun store in New Mexico, where open carry is legal, this is what I usually wore to work and occasionally open-carried when leaving work to run errands:
Image Image
It's also my concealed-carry rig when I can get away with OWB.

EDIT: I do not intend to do much open-carrying. It's like, if I'm carrying concealed OWB under a jacket, and my shirt is not long enough to conceal it, and the weather warms up or I go into a warmer place, and I'd really like to take the jacket off but that would expose the pistol . . . I now have the option of taking the jacket off. I might, or I might not. I don't see myself leaving the house with the intention of carrying openly.

DocV

Post by DocV »

Beiruty wrote:
[ Image ]
If you find a holster, you are good to go.
Actually, if the mood ever strikes me, I will put this:
in this:

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

I'm thinking about buying a BBQ gun for open carry to gun club BBQs and NRA shindigs. I would never open carry in normal everyday life because you're going to be walking around with a "free gun" sign above your head. I'm currently looking at a Ruger SR1911. I might go with a Glock 17L if I find that the 1911 is unreliable. I'm not sure yet.

QB

Post by QB »

I carry OWB mostly, in a High Noon "Snapper" holster. I'm now thinking about going to something with a thumb snap but not sure yet.....nice to see what other's are using, may give me some ideas. As soon as I decide I will post a picture of my carry holster.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Just to make the 'Posting Police' happy, I offer the following of my EDC - a Taurus PT740 with extended 8rd magazine in a DeSantis belted Mini-Scabbard - unseen on the off hand side is a DeSantis leather double mag holder with two 8rd extended mags. Please forgive me for being too laid back to put my pants on to take this picture.
Attachments
EDC_740XT.jpg

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”