A Look At The Glock 43 (Several Photos)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 13

A Look At The Glock 43 (Several Photos)

Post by carlson1 »

I apologize for my photography. My son brought me a Glock 43 on Monday so I thought I would take a few pictures comparing the G43 to pistols I already carry from time to time. I have not shot the G43, but the Shield feels better in my hand and it is 7 rounds and you can use a 8 round mag.

I carry a Glock 26 every now and then for a BUG and I was shocked to notice not a lot of difference in size, but you loose 4 rounds. G26 and G43 (on the right)
G43 on top of the G26

S&W Shield (9mm) (left) G43 (right)

G43 (top) S&W Shield (middle) G26 (bottom)

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Look At The Glock 43 (Several Photos)

Post by ShootDontTalk »

I came to the same conclusions after handling a G43 a while back. I have a G27(26) and discovered that it was not substantially larger than some of the smaller single stack nines. The 26/27 offers a lot of advantages, and with the current pricing of the G43, is not at a big disadvantage.

I love the G23/27. I got a stock length G32 barrel so I can shoot a "hot" nine from them and a conversion barrel for the G27 so I can practice with cheap nine ammo. Pretty versatile combinations for an additional $220. I can't do that with any of the single stack guns. Thanks for the photo comparisons.

My wife has a Shield, but she won't let me near it. :???:
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

I think width is the biggest thing the 43 has going for it when compared to the 26. I was going to grab a 43, but I found the width difference didn't make up for the 4 round disadvantage. Also, with a 26 I can easily carry a spare 15 or 17 round mag, all you get is another 6 with the 43. Major downside to the 43 as I see it.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

3rd party +1 and +2 magazine base plates are starting to surface. A little pricey as they are not molded plastic.
Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

TVGuy wrote:I think width is the biggest thing the 43 has going for it when compared to the 26. I was going to grab a 43, but I found the width difference didn't make up for the 4 round disadvantage. Also, with a 26 I can easily carry a spare 15 or 17 round mag, all you get is another 6 with the 43. Major downside to the 43 as I see it.

Weight is the big difference between G43 & G26. Based on carrying both in an ankle holster, I'd estimate about a half pound difference- substantial if you're carrying on ankle or in a pocket. The half inch shorter barrel/slide also makes G43 a better pocket gun than Shield.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

It will be a good companion along with my EDC. I don't see me just carrying the G43. The G42 is a great shooter for a .380 and I am expecting the same out of the G43.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

I'm just impressed that you got them to balance one on top of the other on top of the third one!

Good show! :mrgreen:
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

carlson1 wrote:It will be a good companion along with my EDC. I don't see me just carrying the G43. The G42 is a great shooter for a .380 and I am expecting the same out of the G43.
I bought a 42 and put over 100 rounds through it yesterday and loved how is shot. i was looking for a pocket pistol to replace my LCP that I never liked shooting. The 42 will be a good companion for my 27.
If the 43 shoots as well as the 42, it is a great pistol.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

A-R wrote:
TVGuy wrote:I think width is the biggest thing the 43 has going for it when compared to the 26. I was going to grab a 43, but I found the width difference didn't make up for the 4 round disadvantage. Also, with a 26 I can easily carry a spare 15 or 17 round mag, all you get is another 6 with the 43. Major downside to the 43 as I see it.

Weight is the big difference between G43 & G26. Based on carrying both in an ankle holster, I'd estimate about a half pound difference- substantial if you're carrying on ankle or in a pocket. The half inch shorter barrel/slide also makes G43 a better pocket gun than Shield.
Empty, the 26 Gen 4 is 3.76 ounces heavier than the 43, that's next to nothing. It's all opinion and personal preference, but the items I listed above are the reason I'll be sticking w/ a 26.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

TVGuy wrote:
A-R wrote:

Empty, the 26 Gen 4 is 3.76 ounces heavier than the 43, that's next to nothing. It's all opinion and personal preference, but the items I listed above are the reason I'll be sticking w/ a 26.
This is why they make so many different guns. Everyone has a preference.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

The glock single stacks are to little to late. Theres better and cheeper options.
Imo the best single stack .380 is going to be the sig or colt, the best 9 in its class the p938. Both however cost more.
The best deal going mp sheild.
I saw no real advantage in size to swap out my g26.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

cheezit wrote:The glock single stacks are to little to late. Theres better and cheeper options.
Imo the best single stack .380 is going to be the sig or colt, the best 9 in its class the p938. Both however cost more.
The best deal going mp sheild.
I saw no real advantage in size to swap out my g26.
You're right, there are cheaper options. I have a 938 and although it's a beautiful, wonderful firearm, I wouldn't put it in the same class as a Glock 26 or 43 for carry.

nyj

Post by nyj »

I really don't understand the point of this model other than to fill the requests of everyone wanting a single stack 9mm, only to realize that a G26 has subtle size differences and better round capacity.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I remember with Shields came out at over $450.00 and now you buy new ones for $349.00. I think the Glock 43 will come down as time passes. I am a fan of Glocks and my B-Day isn't far off and my sons went together and gave me an early gift.

I just want to get well enough to go shoot it. :fire

nyj

Post by nyj »

Blue label pricing is just under $360. Still too much IMO.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”