If You Can't Get a CHL...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

If You Can't Get a CHL...

Post by Keith B »

Maybe you can get a CSL? If you are as good as this guy with a slingshot, you could really defend yourself!

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: If You Can't Get a CHL...

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:Maybe you can get a CSL? If you are as good as this guy with a slingshot, you could really defend yourself!
Keith - Just amazing! Thanks for sharing.
NRA Endowment Member

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

He would be amazing enough if he were using a "machine grade" wrist rocket with measured "surgical tubing" and his ammunition was ball bearings. Something uniform in size, shape and weight.

But NO, he's not even using the same tree branch! And using rocks? And picking off bugs on leaves without hurting the plants...
That's just a bunch of...
Awesomeness!!
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

And illegal in NY State.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

karder

Post by karder »

Great post. :cheers2:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

That is a great post. It brings back a memory from the last century no less. When I was a kid, one of the things I looked forward to was the monthly issue of Texas Game & Fish magazine. This was the publication that came out prior to the current Parks & Wildlife magazine. Best I can recall it was early in the 50's when an article caught my attention. It had to do with a guy from Luling, Texas and his abilities with a sling shot. He would put on demonstrations and folks would watch as he sent coins never to be found again. Shot tin cans just as this guy did and a host of other things all done with that sling shot. I always wanted to be able to go watch but there was always something that kept us from attending. In any case that memory has stayed with me for all these years. Not only that, but I still have the sling shot my dad made for me. It can't be used today since the inner tube rubbers have long since come apart but again the memories still remain strong. I took it out of one of my safes after reading this post and those memories flooded back. Someday, one of my grandsons just might get the rebuilt version and stalk who knows what out here on the ranch.

Thanks for posting that article.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

jimlongley wrote:And illegal in NY State.
Isn't just about everything illegal in that nanNY state?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

krieghoff wrote:That is a great post. It brings back a memory from the last century no less. When I was a kid, one of the things I looked forward to was the monthly issue of Texas Game & Fish magazine. This was the publication that came out prior to the current Parks & Wildlife magazine. Best I can recall it was early in the 50's when an article caught my attention. It had to do with a guy from Luling, Texas and his abilities with a sling shot. He would put on demonstrations and folks would watch as he sent coins never to be found again. Shot tin cans just as this guy did and a host of other things all done with that sling shot. I always wanted to be able to go watch but there was always something that kept us from attending. In any case that memory has stayed with me for all these years. Not only that, but I still have the sling shot my dad made for me. It can't be used today since the inner tube rubbers have long since come apart but again the memories still remain strong. I took it out of one of my safes after reading this post and those memories flooded back. Someday, one of my grandsons just might get the rebuilt version and stalk who knows what out here on the ranch.

Thanks for posting that article.
As a kid, I had one of these Wham-O Slingshots.
Of course I wasn't very good with it, but I had a lot of fun.
One thing I noticed in the video was the length of the rubber.
Much longer than I remember. Maybe that is why I couldn't hit what I was aiming at. :lol:

NRA Endowment Member

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

This is great! I want a CSL!!! LOL :hurry:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”