XDS 3.3 or 4.0 in .45 cal. ?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
karatedad
Posts in topic: 6

XDS 3.3 or 4.0 in .45 cal. ?

Post by karatedad »

Been waffling back and forth trying to decide whether to buy another M&P or get an XDS. I stopped by a local shop yesterday to pick up some cleaning supplies and he had both versions of the XDS. I handled both and like them better than my M&P 9. Now my only decision is 3.3" or 4.0". I'm leaning toward the longer barrel because I think the addition in length will be better for performance and won't be much harder to conceal.

Any opinions from those who already own either or both would be appreciated.

b4aftr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: XDS 3.3 or 4.0 in .45 cal. ?

Post by b4aftr »

I vote for 3.3, I have one in 45.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I have the 3.3 and its torquey, I have a hard time with follow up shots. I did by the extended mag and that does help but I won't carry for my EDC.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasComputerDude »

I have the 4.0.

I really like it but its a bit harder to find a holster for. Esp if you buy the laser.

Its def worth shooting to try it.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by Soap »

3.3 all the way. If you want bigger than get a compact gun or full size.

Topic author
karatedad

Post by karatedad »

Thanks for your input. I want to order today so I've made my decision. I'm getting the 4.0". I already have smaller, S&W Jframe, and larger 1911, so this should be just about right. With a little luck either the wife or son will like it and I can justify another and get the 3.3".

Topic author
karatedad

Post by karatedad »

Ok, I placed the order. While shopping, I ran across a bundle that included the XDS 4.0", a Crimson Trace Laserguard, and holster all shipped to my FFL for less than I could have purchased the gun at my local Academy. I love internet shopping!

TexasComputerDude

Post by TexasComputerDude »

Wright leatherworks has a nice holster for it.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Topic author
karatedad

Post by karatedad »

TexasComputerDude wrote:Wright leatherworks has a nice holster for it.

Thanks for that info. I'll check them out. Winthrop lists one for the XDs 3.3" w/ CT laser but don't see one for the 4.0". I am going to contact them this evening to see if they will furnish it.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

karatedad wrote:Ok, I placed the order. While shopping, I ran across a bundle that included the XDS 4.0", a Crimson Trace Laserguard, and holster all shipped to my FFL for less than I could have purchased the gun at my local Academy. I love internet shopping!
May I ask where you found it?

Topic author
karatedad

Post by karatedad »

jb2012 wrote:
karatedad wrote:Ok, I placed the order. While shopping, I ran across a bundle that included the XDS 4.0", a Crimson Trace Laserguard, and holster all shipped to my FFL for less than I could have purchased the gun at my local Academy. I love internet shopping!
BudsGunShop.com
Ordered Sunday night 11:00 PM. Order confirmed Monday morning at 9:27 AM. Shipment confirmation and tracking number received Monday evening 6:53 PM.

This is my second order from Buds. Totally satisfied thus far.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Ahh very nice, I've heard nothing but good from bud's

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

karatedad wrote:Been waffling back and forth trying to decide whether to buy another M&P or get an XDS. I stopped by a local shop yesterday to pick up some cleaning supplies and he had both versions of the XDS. I handled both and like them better than my M&P 9. Now my only decision is 3.3" or 4.0". I'm leaning toward the longer barrel because I think the addition in length will be better for performance and won't be much harder to conceal.

Any opinions from those who already own either or both would be appreciated.
I have both the shield and the XDS 4.0. I prefer the XDS 4.0 as my EDC. The extra sight radius does make a difference, at least for me.

Let us know what you decide.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
karatedad

Post by karatedad »

karatedad wrote:
jb2012 wrote:
BudsGunShop.com
Ordered Sunday night 11:00 PM. Order confirmed Monday morning at 9:27 AM. Shipment confirmation and tracking number received Monday evening 6:53 PM.

This is my second order from Buds. Totally satisfied thus far.
Delivered to my FFL at 2:27 PM Wednesday afternoon. I picked it up that evening. It took me less than 5 minutes to mount the laser. It pointed low and left of the factory sight. Another 2 minutes and I had them at the same point of aim. I am heading to the range tomorrow to begin the break in and confirm the sights. The holster is nothing to write home about. Just a simple padded cloth pocket holster. I cannot imagine ever carrying a 4" barreled .45 in my pocket. Today I placed the order for a leather OWB holster and gun belt from Wright Leatherworks (Thanks TexasComputerDude).

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”