Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Don't Laugh...25 Auto

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

thatguyoverthere wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
Back on subject, do you have any pictures of this Baretta .25 auto? I just found one that says "Barettata," and it is chambered in .25, but the magazine is missing. I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth anything.
Photo below (sorry about the poor quality - just a quick snapshot). Definitely a Beretta. But made in Brazil, not Italy (or the USA). This one does not have an external safety on it. Does have the "half-cocked" position on the hammer.

I've had it 12 or 13 years now. Never carried it, but I have shot it several times, never had any problem with it. In fact, my son and daughter-in-law and I put a full box of ammo through it this afternoon. Never had any problem. Daughter-in-law loved it, by the way. I think I know where it will go when I'm gone. :lol:

I haven't ever looked into trying to determine what it's worth. It belonged to my grandmother, so I wouldn't sell it. I guess it would be interesting to know what it's worth, though.
That almost looks identical to ours. Just without the Beretta logo on the grip. If you happen to find out more about it, let me know.

Merry Christmas!
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Charlies.Contingency

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Countryside wrote:Well, if I can't laugh at a 25 auto....no one can laugh at my Jimenez .380 then. ;-)
Then you can't laugh at my unknown brand .22lr revolver. :lol:
I'm laughing at both of you........and the guy with the Raven...... :lol:
I must admit, a few times while out doing stuff around the farm, I've jumped in the truck to go to town to get stuff, like parts and supplies, with my little .22 revolver in my pocket. Though carrying a real gun, usually a .45, I've pondered dual wielding a .45 in one hand, and the .22 in the other. :smilelol5:

I usually carry it in my pocket when out and about on the farm or ranch, simply because I hate wasting .45 ammo, and I really hate having to ring my ears with my XD(S) 3.3in .45 on some critter, when I can use my far quieter .22. I have tons of .22 ammo, and it goes by really slow in a revolver. Still a far cry cheaper to shoot the .22 then any of my other handguns. :fire

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yeah, and I'll take a .22 over a .25 any day. I don't have any pocket sized .22s, but between my wife and I we have two pistols and two rifles in that caliber. And if I was just walking a large piece of property, a .22 would be fine for me. I saw maybe 2 or 3 people shot and killed with .25 when I was working in the ER, but far and away the majority of the fatal GSW patients I saw were shot with a .22. A .22 caliber j-frame would be ideal for general purpose rural carry if you're thinking about non-bipedal varmints and pests.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Antares
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Antares »

Just remember James Bond used to have a Beretta 25 before M took it from him and gave him a Walther PPK in 380. I believe that was in Doctor No.
God Bless our Military and the United States

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by drjoker »

Academy's sells them for $200. It's made by Taurus but branded "beretta", that's why they're not made in Italy but in Brazil.

Used, you can probably fetch $100 to $150 for it.
thatguyoverthere wrote:
Back on subject, do you have any pictures of this Baretta .25 auto? I just found one that says "Barettata," and it is chambered in .25, but the magazine is missing. I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth anything.
Photo below (sorry about the poor quality - just a quick snapshot). Definitely a Beretta. But made in Brazil, not Italy (or the USA). This one does not have an external safety on it. Does have the "half-cocked" position on the hammer.

I've had it 12 or 13 years now. Never carried it, but I have shot it several times, never had any problem with it. In fact, my son and daughter-in-law and I put a full box of ammo through it this afternoon. Never had any problem. Daughter-in-law loved it, by the way. I think I know where it will go when I'm gone. :lol:

I haven't ever looked into trying to determine what it's worth. It belonged to my grandmother, so I wouldn't sell it. I guess it would be interesting to know what it's worth, though.

Steve5115

Post by Steve5115 »

I have the Beretta 950b with the box and manual. I love to shoot it at the range. Below is a link that I found with an asking price.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/beret ... t-pr27369/

Charlies.Contingency

drjoker wrote:Academy's sells them for $200. It's made by Taurus but branded "beretta", that's why they're not made in Italy but in Brazil.

thatguyoverthere wrote:

How long have they been making it? This one has been sitting at the top of the closest 10-15 years.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Antares wrote:Just remember James Bond used to have a Beretta 25 before M took it from him and gave him a Walther PPK in 380. I believe that was in Doctor No.
You're spot on:
In Dr. No, Major Boothroyd wrote:Walther PPK. 7.65 mm, with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window. Takes a Brausch silencer with very little reduction in muzzle velocity. The American CIA swear by them.
Ian Flemming openly admitted he had little knowledge of firearms, and didn't make much of an effort to correct that. He relied on input from others.

The reason I remember that quote? "...A delivery like a brick through a plate glass window." :smilelol5:

As someone else said, a .22 Short is the only round I'd rate below a .25 ACP. Then again, I can't be one to talk. My BUG is a .32 Seecamp...because it's tiny and solid steel; will make a decent impact instrument if necessary. My EDC is a 1911 with two spare mags. I view the BUG not as a replacement for the .45, but as a way to fight to obtain or retain the .45. The BUG goes in my offhand pocket. The Seecamp doesn't even have sights...which is fine because I'd never plan to use it at anything other than contact distances. I also have a Kahr PM9 that I use as a BUG when the weather is colder and the clothes heavier; much better BUG option. But still a bigger footprint than the Seecamp, so the little one gets more carry during the year.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

drjoker wrote:Academy's sells them for $200. It's made by Taurus but branded "beretta", that's why they're not made in Italy but in Brazil.

thatguyoverthere wrote:

If its made by Taurus today its branded Taurus/Rossi. They bought the Brazilian Beretta factory a long time ago and retained everything including a license to use the designs but not the branding.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

T.Chaney

Post by T.Chaney »

Laugh or not my backup gun is a SR-22.Its the best I can do at present.its nearly as loud as my primary,I shoot it well ,and has never given me problems.Only cci through it so my chances of a bad round are as minimal as they get.Looking for a snubbie revolver now.My wife took mine,but right after Christmas I can barely pay attention much less a new backup.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”