Alien Gear Gun Belt

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stars200
Posts in topic: 4

Alien Gear Gun Belt

Post by stars200 »

I have an Alien Gear holster and see that they now are selling a gun belt as well. http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html/

Has anyone tried one and what are their thoughts. I normally carry a pocket pistol during the weekday, but if I go out in the evenings and on the weekends carry a larger handgun. Right now have a normal leather belt that is needing to be replaced and was thinking about one of these as the replacement. I would be with a PX4-Storm subcompact in a 40. Thanks in advance for any input offered.

allisji
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Alien Gear Gun Belt

Post by allisji »

$60 is a decent price if these leather gun belts are as high quality as the look. $15 off makes it a real bargain if you buy a belt and a holster. Unfortunately I don't need any new holster from them.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

AnglinTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AnglinTexas »

I was wondering about the quality also. I do like my iwb holster from alien gear (I have the origional leather / kydex). My wife has the 2.0 version and she likes it. But with that being said I couldn't find many reviews on the belt. So I decided to spend a little more on a horsehide belt from "the belt man". Ordered it today.

amtank
Posts in topic: 1

Post by amtank »

I've got one ordered. I'll let ya'll know.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I ordered one. It looks to be the same product as the Bigfoot Gun Belt, like maybe the two companies are in a partnership. The pictures look exactly the same and both products are new.

I just got an email today from Alien Gear stating their orders are backed up so much they implemented night shifts at their factory.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

AnglinTexas wrote:I was wondering about the quality also. I do like my iwb holster from alien gear (I have the origional leather / kydex). My wife has the 2.0 version and she likes it. But with that being said I couldn't find many reviews on the belt. So I decided to spend a little more on a horsehide belt from "the belt man". Ordered it today.
You will not be disappointed in the Belt Man for sure.

If Alien Gear's belt is the quality they claim that is about as cheap as I have ever seen a quality gun belt.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Alien Gear looks like a nice belt... That Brown is a good color too...
Wondering if a steel stiffener is a problem long term... sharper edges and such.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

bortaz

Post by bortaz »

I haven't used the AG belt, but I got a great gun belt for christmas, and was shocked at how much it helps with concealed and open carry. The one I got is the Hanks Amish Belts 1.5 IN - The Gunner Eagle. It's about $40 and works wonderfully.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amis ... eagle.html

Only issue I've found is that it's too wide to wear with my slacks and khakis that I wear for work. I plan to order a narrower belt from them this week, to wear at work. (I can't carry at work, but I have my holstered gun in the car and put it on after work.)

rentz

Post by rentz »

i noticed this as well when browsing pricing for an OWB and at 15bucks off when you buy both there isnt any harm in giving it a whirl

karder

Post by karder »

carlson1 wrote:
AnglinTexas wrote:I was wondering about the quality also. I do like my iwb holster from alien gear (I have the origional leather / kydex). My wife has the 2.0 version and she likes it. But with that being said I couldn't find many reviews on the belt. So I decided to spend a little more on a horsehide belt from "the belt man". Ordered it today.

If Alien Gear's belt is the quality they claim that is about as cheap as I have ever seen a quality gun belt.
I am planning to order from beltman next month. Do you recommend the internal stiffener?
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I have one on order. will report later

AnglinTexas

Post by AnglinTexas »

karder wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

I am planning to order from beltman next month. Do you recommend the internal stiffener?

if you order the 1 1/2 belt I don't think a stiffener is necessary. Here is what is listed on his site;

If you carry a heavy firearm or have a high-ride top-heavy holster you might want to consider it for the inch-and a quarter wide belts. The stiffener is not usually necessary for the wider belts unless you like it really stiff. The stiffener provides a greater degree of vertical stability but still allows the belt to take on a natural curve that any leather belt will do after it has been worn for a while. A belt shorter than 36 inches DOES NOT need an internal stiffener. Horse hide belts DO NOT need an internal stiffener.

tbryanh

Post by tbryanh »

I have an AG belt. It is real heavy duty and will probably last a long time.

It has some cosmetic blems. I concluded that is probably one of the reasons why the price might be lower than other companies. The belt will be hidden anyway and its getting scratched by their holster clips, so I decided cosmetics didn't matter.

I feel the stainless steel reinforcement in their version 3 holster and in their belt is a great idea, and I think highly of them for the thought they put into their products. Their version 2 holster has plastic reinforcement in the part that touches your body and it cracks over time. Rather than hide this, they openly admit it and made the version 3 holster as a result.

Since the stainless steel reinforcement was such a good improvement to their holster, when it came time to develop their belt, they added this improvement to their belt too. I'm impressed.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

karder wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

I have the 1 1/2" belt and no stiffener. It has worked great for over 10 years. I really think if you put the stiffener in the 1 1/2" belt it would not work in certain pants.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Belt man, had mine for two years, wear it almost everyday, it's the best, will never buy a different brand. Not cheap, but you get your money's worth.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”