gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#1

Post by RHenriksen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I love my Wilderness Instructor CSM belt; both for stiffness and the ability to make very small adjustments to how loose/tight it is. Having reflux/gurd, I can't be cranking down the belt too tight w/o suffering the consequences.

I'm under pressure, though, to have a more fashionable alternative! Leather gun belts are nice, but only being able to adjust the fit in 3/4" or 1" increments isn't something I want to live with if possible.

So... does anyone know of a belt that would let me have my cake and eat it, too?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17128
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#2

Post by WildBill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

There was one discussed recently called the Trakline, but I don't know if anyone has first hand experience with it.
Good luck on your search. :tiphat:

http://www.koreessentials.com/

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... e#p1051477
NRA Endowment Member


BulldogBorders
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#3

Post by BulldogBorders » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:43 pm

I decided to try out the Kore Essntials. Should be delivered this week, I'll write you quick note on how it is if you like?
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416


Topic author
RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#4

Post by RHenriksen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:45 pm

BulldogBorders wrote:I decided to try out the Kore Essntials. Should be delivered this week, I'll write you quick note on how it is if you like?
Absolutely, thanks!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17128
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#5

Post by WildBill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:53 pm

BulldogBorders wrote:I decided to try out the Kore Essntials. Should be delivered this week, I'll write you quick note on how it is if you like?
Which one did you order?
NRA Endowment Member


Topic author
RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#6

Post by RHenriksen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:54 pm

I also found this option, doing some more reading on it:

http://www.ratchetgunbelt.com/
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/201 ... gun-belt-5
Last edited by RHenriksen on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs


BulldogBorders
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#7

Post by BulldogBorders » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:58 pm

X1, used the promo code SAVE15 also for 15% off, was right at $53 shipped.
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17128
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#8

Post by WildBill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

BulldogBorders wrote:X1, used the promo code SAVE15 also for 15% off, was right at $53 shipped.
Thanks. I just ordered one. If it doesn't work out as an EDC I can still use it for a dress belt! :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member


BulldogBorders
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#9

Post by BulldogBorders » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

WildBill wrote:
BulldogBorders wrote:X1, used the promo code SAVE15 also for 15% off, was right at $53 shipped.
Thanks. I just ordered one. If it doesn't work out as an EDC I can still use it for a dress belt! :thumbs2:

I thought the same thing! :anamatedbanana
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25652
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#10

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Why not get the leather gunbelt you like, and then just add one or two holes with a hole-punch between each of the original holes? That way you'll be able to make finer adjustments in how tight you make it.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17128
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#11

Post by WildBill » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:43 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:Why not get the leather gunbelt you like, and then just add one or two holes with a hole-punch between each of the original holes? That way you'll be able to make finer adjustments in how tight you make it.
I have some good leather gun belts and a hole-punch, but I am running out of room because my waist is getting smaller.
I like the continuous adjustment on the Wilderness belts so I thought I would try this.
Also since I bought my Nemesis holsters I have started to pocket carry more and thought this might work well.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25652
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#12

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 pm

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Why not get the leather gunbelt you like, and then just add one or two holes with a hole-punch between each of the original holes? That way you'll be able to make finer adjustments in how tight you make it.
I have some good leather gun belts and a hole-punch, but I am running out of room because my waist is getting smaller.
I like the continuous adjustment on the Wilderness belts so I thought I would try this.
Also since I bought my Nemesis holsters I have started to pocket carry more and thought this might work well.
I have worn Wilderness belts for years, and only recently began wearing my DM Bullard belt again after I had lost enough weight to make it fit. Now it is too big for me. I've added a couple of holes, but it is time to replace it. But Wilderness belts are great.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17128
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#13

Post by WildBill » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:30 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Why not get the leather gunbelt you like, and then just add one or two holes with a hole-punch between each of the original holes? That way you'll be able to make finer adjustments in how tight you make it.
I have some good leather gun belts and a hole-punch, but I am running out of room because my waist is getting smaller.
I like the continuous adjustment on the Wilderness belts so I thought I would try this.
Also since I bought my Nemesis holsters I have started to pocket carry more and thought this might work well.
I have worn Wilderness belts for years, and only recently began wearing my DM Bullard belt again after I had lost enough weight to make it fit. Now it is too big for me. I've added a couple of holes, but it is time to replace it. But Wilderness belts are great.
I also like the Wilderness belts and wear them a lot in the summer with my cargo shorts. They are a terrific product.
I also like their [newer] Easy-Fit belts. They have a 5 inch range of adjustment, so you are less likely to have to purchase a new belt if your weight fluctuates.
I just got an email from Kore that my Trakline belt has shipped. I'll make a post when I have tried it out for a few days.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25652
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#14

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:33 pm

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Why not get the leather gunbelt you like, and then just add one or two holes with a hole-punch between each of the original holes? That way you'll be able to make finer adjustments in how tight you make it.
I have some good leather gun belts and a hole-punch, but I am running out of room because my waist is getting smaller.
I like the continuous adjustment on the Wilderness belts so I thought I would try this.
Also since I bought my Nemesis holsters I have started to pocket carry more and thought this might work well.
I have worn Wilderness belts for years, and only recently began wearing my DM Bullard belt again after I had lost enough weight to make it fit. Now it is too big for me. I've added a couple of holes, but it is time to replace it. But Wilderness belts are great.
I also like the Wilderness belts and wear them a lot in the summer with my cargo shorts. They are a terrific product.
I also like their [newer] Easy-Fit belts. They have a 5 inch range of adjustment, so you are less likely to have to purchase a new belt if your weight fluctuates.
I just got an email from Kore that my Trakline belt has shipped. I'll make a post when I have tried it out for a few days.
I'll be interested to see what you have to say. I have been looking at those....
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


Topic author
RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: gun belt - leather but w. granular adjustment?

#15

Post by RHenriksen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:10 pm

I received my Kore belt today. So far, so good! Just wearing it w. my smaller carry pistol so far (Walther PPS). Will see how it fares w. the full sized M&P on another day.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”