New favorite holster: DM Bullard Bodyguard

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 3

New favorite holster: DM Bullard Bodyguard

Post by timdsmith72 »

I recently ordered and received a DM Bullard Bodyguard holster for my Springfield XDs, and all I can say is, Wow! Top notch quality and craftsmanship. Comfortable. Perfect fit and retention. I honestly have no complaints about this thing. To top it all off, it will disappear under just about anything. My normal attire is either jeans or cargo pants and a tee shirt and this rig completely disappears. No printing, no bulge, no nothing. Granted, the XDs isn't a large pistol, but still...
It pulls the pistol in very close to the body and distributes the weight well. I couldn't be happier.

I know a lot of you are familiar with DM Bullard but this is the first one of his I have owned and I'm thoroughly impressed. I've got a drawer full of holsters that will probably just gather dust now.
:tiphat:

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New favorite holster: DM Bullard Bodyguard

Post by DevilDawg »

I have the Dual Carry for two of mine, and ended up buying a Bodyguard for the full size 1911. Love the extreme cant on it and how it helps hide that long slide even under a t-shirt. Like you the remainder of my inventory sees a lot less sun now days.

rentz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rentz »

Do you wear the bodyguard behind the hip or at 3oclock?
I got one and some other holsters with a pistol purchase and just couldn't find the right spot for placement for it to conceal well

Topic author
timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

rentz wrote:Do you wear the bodyguard behind the hip or at 3oclock?
I got one and some other holsters with a pistol purchase and just couldn't find the right spot for placement for it to conceal well
It's designed to be worn right above your back pocket. It would be very uncomfortable at 3 o'clock. Not to mention hard to conceal. I'll try to find a pic of the proper spot when I'm back in front of a computer.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

The Bodyguard is definitely meant to be a 5-5:30 holster. The extreme cant lends to a natural feeling draw as well.

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Website says between 4-5 o'clock position. http://store.dmbullardleather.com/catal ... ry/5060218

Topic author
timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

timdsmith72 wrote:
rentz wrote:Do you wear the bodyguard behind the hip or at 3oclock?
It's designed to be worn right above your back pocket. It would be very uncomfortable at 3 o'clock. Not to mention hard to conceal. I'll try to find a pic of the proper spot when I'm back in front of a computer.
This is a good representation of where it should be worn. This is not my pic. I got it from the DM Bullard web site.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

This thread finally pushed me to write them and set up a time to visit. I want to see their "Combat" holster (I'm a front-of-the-hip-carry guy) before ordering another holster destined for the "Drawer of Forgotten Leather" :???: .

I received a reply to my email in less than an hour :thumbs2:
Planning to visit with them tomorrow.

Thanks OP.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RoyGBiv wrote:This thread finally pushed me to write them and set up a time to visit. I want to see their "Combat" holster (I'm a front-of-the-hip-carry guy) before ordering another holster destined for the "Drawer of Forgotten Leather" :???: .

Planning to visit with them tomorrow. Thanks OP.
I'll say this for him. He does make a good looking holsters. And they appear to be very well made.

And Roy, if you're traveling up to Azle via the Jacksboro highway, you'll probably pass by the House of Blades. Worth a stop in & take a look see. Great knife store. It'd be a fun day trip. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I can see a day trip over there to pick out my father's day present. Soon!!!! Very nice looking holster.. Enjoy...

jessie_1960

Post by jessie_1960 »

excellent holster.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I have a Dual Carry, great quality! Unfortunately I found that carrying that far back was not comfortable for me so it's a drawer queen now.

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

joe817 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:This thread finally pushed me to write them and set up a time to visit. I want to see their "Combat" holster (I'm a front-of-the-hip-carry guy) before ordering another holster destined for the "Drawer of Forgotten Leather" :???: .

Planning to visit with them tomorrow. Thanks OP.
I'll say this for him. He does make a good looking holsters. And they appear to be very well made.

And Roy, if you're traveling up to Azle via the Jacksboro highway, you'll probably pass by the House of Blades. Worth a stop in & take a look see. Great knife store. It'd be a fun day trip. :thumbs2:
Thanks for the tip.. :cool:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

timdsmith72 wrote:I recently ordered and received a DM Bullard Bodyguard holster for my Springfield XDs, and all I can say is, Wow! Top notch quality and craftsmanship. Comfortable. Perfect fit and retention. I honestly have no complaints about this thing. To top it all off, it will disappear under just about anything. My normal attire is either jeans or cargo pants and a tee shirt and this rig completely disappears. No printing, no bulge, no nothing. Granted, the XDs isn't a large pistol, but still...
It pulls the pistol in very close to the body and distributes the weight well. I couldn't be happier.

I know a lot of you are familiar with DM Bullard but this is the first one of his I have owned and I'm thoroughly impressed. I've got a drawer full of holsters that will probably just gather dust now.
:tiphat:
+1

I have purchased a lot of holsters since I received my license back in 2012. The DM Bullard Bodyguard has been the best quality and the most comfortable holster for me.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”